Tom

Default Quality Router Bits

Anyone have an online source for good quality router bits that won't cost an
arm and a leg.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Tom" wrote in message
. ..
Anyone have an online source for good quality router bits that won't cost
an arm and a leg.

www.infinitytools.com www.routerbits.com Good bits are not cheap and
cheap bits can often be expensive.

dadiOH

Tom wrote:
Anyone have an online source for good quality router bits that won't
cost an arm and a leg.

Grizzly

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

David

"good quality" and "won't cost an arm and a leg" are mutually exclusive.

You can get CMT bits online, for example, but they aren't cheap.

Dave

Tom wrote:
Anyone have an online source for good quality router bits that won't cost an
arm and a leg.

Lew Hodgett

Tom wrote:
Anyone have an online source for good quality router bits that won't cost an
arm and a leg.

If you don't care about the results, use the cheapest garbarge you can find.

If you want to buy it once and have them do the job, then buy CMT or equal.

Lew

Whiteside my friend...made in the USA by the Whiteside family...
employing Americans for America....highest quality......most profiles
would last a hobbiest for life. If it does'nt say Whiteside......it
does'nt go in my router bit cabinet!

Mike

Woodcrafter

www.infinitytools.com www.routerbits.com Good bits are not cheap and
cheap bits can often be expensive.

I second the Infinity bits. Excellent quality at reasonable prices.
Here are a couple reviews of their bits:
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/rev...kitchenset.htm
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/rev...routerbits.htm

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Latest 6 Reviews:
- WoodHaven Biscuit Master
- Veritas Saddle Square
- EZ Smart Guide System
- Ryobi EBS1310VK Belt Sander
- Incra V27 Miter Gauge
- GMC BJ110 Biscuit Joiner

Ken

Dido on the Whiteside bits, highest Vicker rating on the market. Outlast
others two to one, I run a Cabinet shop and also do Solid Surface counter
tops. Whiteside last longer then any other bit I have found. Thick
carbide for extra sharpening when needed.

Ken

wrote in message
oups.com...
Whiteside my friend...made in the USA by the Whiteside family...
employing Americans for America....highest quality......most profiles
would last a hobbiest for life. If it does'nt say Whiteside......it
does'nt go in my router bit cabinet!

Mike

Robatoy

In article veC8e.22188$8Z6.6582@attbi_s21,
"Ken" wrote:

and also do Solid Surface counter
tops. Whiteside last longer then any other bit I have found.

Howdy Ken!

I only do solid surface fabrication (year 18), aside from granite and
e-stone brokerage and kitchen design...

Last longer than than Velepec and Amana? Then I will try to get some
Whiteside bits.

I spend a small fortune on sharpening. You know as well as I that dull
bits just increase the sanding by quite a margin.....paper and time.
What brands of SS make you happy? Generic adhesives or factory?

Rob

www.topworks.ca
Robatoy

In article ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"Tom" wrote in message
. ..
Anyone have an online source for good quality router bits that won't cost
an arm and a leg.

www.infinitytools.com www.routerbits.com Good bits are not cheap and
cheap bits can often be expensive.

Seems that way.

I like these guys.
http://www.carbide.com/home.cfm
Ken

I stay busy with Swanstone, I use their adhesives, and also do Thin Slap
Granite, new on the market. As for Velepec, not too many people know of
them, but it still would be a toss up as far as keeping an edge. I have
compared many other bits next to Whiteside and I have never had a Whiteside
chip or break and have sharpened many times. The other brands chip and have
had a carbide.com down shear 1/2" bit snap in half, $70.00 gone. Corian
will crack Formica will chip so on never had a recall with Swanstone.
3years later no warranty call either.
True love is still woodworking, SS pays better, much better.

Ken

"Ken" wrote:

and also do Solid Surface counter
tops. Whiteside last longer then any other bit I have found.

Howdy Ken!

I only do solid surface fabrication (year 18), aside from granite and
e-stone brokerage and kitchen design...

Last longer than than Velepec and Amana? Then I will try to get some
Whiteside bits.

I spend a small fortune on sharpening. You know as well as I that dull
bits just increase the sanding by quite a margin.....paper and time.
What brands of SS make you happy? Generic adhesives or factory?

Rob

www.topworks.ca

Knothead

I think there was a wiseman/or wiseass on this group that once said " A
cheap router bit may indeed cost you an arm or a leg". Think about whats
cheap and spinning at 30K rpms right in front of the ...um ...unit that
gives you the most pleasure in life.
Amana or CMT get my vote

Knothead

David

You've gotten a lot of good answers. I see you haven't responded to
anyone.

Dave

Tom wrote:
Anyone have an online source for good quality router bits that won't cost an
arm and a leg.

Tom

I have been taking all the comments in.
I looks like most have recommended the Whiteside.

I just placed an order for 5 Whiteside bits.

THANK YOU ALL.

news

Tom wrote:
Anyone have an online source for good quality router bits that won't cost
an arm and a leg.

David

Glad you are ordering something worth while. Every time I go to a
woodworking show, I have to fight the urge to tell anyone hanging around
the Woodline router bits to turn and run! They don't usually have a
busy booth...it's no wonder.

Dave

Tom wrote:

I have been taking all the comments in.
I looks like most have recommended the Whiteside.

I just placed an order for 5 Whiteside bits.

THANK YOU ALL.

news

Tom wrote:

Anyone have an online source for good quality router bits that won't cost
an arm and a leg.

Patriarch

"Tom" wrote in
:

I have been taking all the comments in.
I looks like most have recommended the Whiteside.

I just placed an order for 5 Whiteside bits.

THANK YOU ALL.

Good choice.

Grizzly vs Freud Router Bits Larry Bud Woodworking 13 February 18th 05 05:00 PM
Question about router bits Palmer Woodworking 3 February 8th 05 12:56 PM
Router Bit quality Joe C. Woodworking 13 January 31st 05 10:17 PM
Plunge or non-plunge router better under table? LRod Woodworking 31 June 28th 04 10:23 PM
Bosch 1617EVSPK -- 1/4 or 1/2 bits? Leon Woodworking 3 June 2nd 04 07:36 PM