Default Mobile Base for Grizz 1023 - Reccomendations?

I plan to order out a Grizzly 1023SL next week. They provide a ShopFox
mobile base in their catalog which seems to require screw downs
(turned to to lift saw from casters once it's in place), or so the
catalog picture seems to indicate.

I'd much prefer and "step down" locking system, where you can just
step on either caster locks or elevation levers to stop movement. The
old back doesn't enjoy stooping over to turn screws at ground level
any more and squatting to do the same is to darn noisy (knees too!).

Any suggestions for a mobile base that'll fit the Grizz and can be
locked down while standing?

Regards.
Mike S.

I have the mobile base from Rockler and it works fine. Uses a foot lever.
Here's the link

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...obil e%20base

--
Mike S.
Cape Girardeau, Mo.

http://members.tripod.com/n0yii/woodworking.htm
wrote in message
I plan to order out a Grizzly 1023SL next week. They provide a ShopFox
mobile base in their catalog which seems to require screw downs
(turned to to lift saw from casters once it's in place), or so the
catalog picture seems to indicate.

I'd much prefer and "step down" locking system, where you can just
step on either caster locks or elevation levers to stop movement. The
old back doesn't enjoy stooping over to turn screws at ground level
any more and squatting to do the same is to darn noisy (knees too!).

Any suggestions for a mobile base that'll fit the Grizz and can be
locked down while standing?

Regards.

Norman D. Crow

. ..

wrote in message
I plan to order out a Grizzly 1023SL next week. They provide a ShopFox
mobile base in their catalog which seems to require screw downs
(turned to to lift saw from casters once it's in place), or so the
catalog picture seems to indicate.

I'd much prefer and "step down" locking system, where you can just
step on either caster locks or elevation levers to stop movement. The
old back doesn't enjoy stooping over to turn screws at ground level
any more and squatting to do the same is to darn noisy (knees too!).

I have that one, or one identical that I got from Woodworkers Warehouse when
they were still in business. Put it under my 6" Jet jointer. You make it any
size you want, as you supply the 2" x 2" side pieces, drill & assemble to
fit. Works well.

--
Nahmie

Michael Gresham

I have a couple of ShopFox bases and one that has the step on brake. I
prefer the ShopFox because it stabilizes the machine better. When my back
and/or knees give out, I plan to install threaded rods so I can adjust form
a standing position.

--
Regards,
Mike