Lars S.

Default New "Inexpensive" Oneida Dust Gorilla = 2HP Commerical system

I just saw that Onedia has introduced a new cyclone for $845 (which
includes brackets and drum).

http://www.oneida-air.com/products/s...rilla/main.htm

From the specs (dimensions and power curve), it IS the 2HP commerical
system. This was confirmed with a call to a sales rep at Onedia who
said it is basically the same 2HP comemrical system with an import
motor and a lower quality paper filter (compared to the spun polyester
filter of Oneida's traditional product line). The warranty is the same.

Some of you Wood magazine subscribers may recall that the 2HP Oneida
commerical system bested the field of competing cyclones (Woodsucker,
PennState, old-Grizzly, et al.) in ithe Wood Mag Dec 2003 issue, at
all but the highest SP loss. The 2HP commerical system, however, is
very expensive compared to the machines it beat out.

I am thinking about upgrading to a cyclone and was waiting to hear
reviews on the new Grizzly machines (also shipping this month). Now,
it looks like there is something else to consider as well. Nice to see
some healthy competition for reasonably priced, high-quality cyclones.

Anyone know anything else about the "Dust Gorilla"? Has anyone already
placed an order who is willing to provide a review when it arrives?
Oneida says they'll be shipping in two weeks.

Lars

Mr Fixit eh

Oneida is working on my duct plan as we 'speak.' The rep told me that
although this is an import motor, it is of comparable quality and is
rated as class F. It has the same 2 year warranty, and if it needs
repair within the warranty, you can upgrade to the Leeson motor and
just pay the price difference.

The filter hss the same filtering characteristics. It actually has
more sq. foot. The rep says it is a little harder to clean because the
pleats are tighter, and will probably need to be replaced a bit sooner.
Again, it can be upgraded to the standard filter when it needs
replacing without changing any ducting etc.

The cyclone, impeller, etc is all the same as the 2 hp commercial.

steve

Lars S.

Thanks. Please let us all know your experiences (especially anything
unexpected) once you get your dust gorilla up and running.

Lars