Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
brianlanning

Default Rockler price gouging

I was meeting a friend at the schaumburg outback last night for dinner
(Schaumburg is a chicago suburb), so I decided to stop by the Rockler
store there and pick up the D-handle for my PC 690.

Let me first say this this place is like a candy store and I've bought
things there on many occasions.

I didn't check online to see what a good price on the D-handle was, but
my gut told me that it should be about $50. I walked in and asked the
guy if they had one. He was very helpful. Then I noticed the price:
$98... for a cast aluminum frame, plastic handle, power plug connector,
power cord, and trigger. For comparrison, this is about what those
huge cast iron tennoning jigs cost. So I put it back and left.

When I arrived home last night, I looked up the item on amazon: $70.
Now I can understand that schaumburg isn't a cheap area. And I can
understand that they need to make some money and can't really compete
directly with online places, but $30 is a little excessive.

The weird thing is that some of the items seemed to have very good
prices. Maybe this is a special case.

brian

Price Pfister Kitchen Faucet - Low Pressure On Sprayer workinprogress Home Repair 2 February 14th 05 01:51 AM
White Oak price Sasha Woodworking 19 January 22nd 05 03:56 AM
Design Cad 3D Max price doubled Bob Woodworking 32 September 30th 04 10:39 PM
Red Oak 1/2 price at Rockler until October 3rd Joe Wilding Woodworking 13 September 13th 04 06:10 PM
Reasonable price for a replacement CH boiler? Hugo Nebula UK diy 18 November 20th 03 08:01 PM