bob

Default Ouch! Shazbat!

Bought a new Whiteside 1/2" diameter, 2.5" long straight router bit today at
Woodcraft. They come with that plastic goop on the cutters. So, I'm
working the plastic goop off and it suddenly loosens up and slides up and
off, with my finger firmly planted on the cutter edge. Youch! Shazbat! I
sliced the tip of my index finger pretty good. Pinched that sucker tight
and headed for the sink. Cleaned it up and stuck two bandages on it. Boy,
I won't do that again!

Oh yeah, SWMBO wasn't home. When she came home, she saw the bloody mess in
the sink (the part I didn't clean up), came running downstairs expecting to
find me without a limb, maybe dead. He parting words were "You're going to
have to stop using these power tools when I'm not home. I worry that
something's going to happen, and it did". Sheesh. It was just a "bad
paper cut".

I'll just build something nice for her and she'll ease off.

Bob

Bob,
I done that myself..."hurts dozens it!!" and I will never do it
again....every time I open up a new bit the reminder comes
back...lesson learned the hard way!
good luck,
Mike

Patriarch

"bob" wrote in
:

[...]

She's right about that 'dangerous while alone' thing. If you're going to
work alone, with no one else there, you should figure out some way to call
the EMT when something really hits the fan. A Google search will turn up
some of the more creative ones from late last year.

BTW, that 2.5" router bit deserves some respect once you chuck into the
router, too.

Patriarch,
who _HATES_ blood & gore accident stories...
Andy Dingley

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 22:22:24 -0500, "bob"
wrote:

she saw the bloody mess in the sink (the part I didn't clean up),

"You're going to have to stop using these power tools when I'm not home. I worry that
something's going to happen, and it did".

Of course what she means by "something" is you bleeding in the sink
and not cleaning it up afterwards.

I once dumped an armful of blood on the kitchen floor, whilst trying
to make it to the sink to begin cleanup and get the splinters out of
the hole. My wife made me lift my feet up so she could put down
newspaper....

George

wrote:

she saw the bloody mess in the sink (the part I didn't clean up),

"You're going to have to stop using these power tools when I'm not home.

I worry that
something's going to happen, and it did".

Of course what she means by "something" is you bleeding in the sink
and not cleaning it up afterwards.

I once dumped an armful of blood on the kitchen floor, whilst trying
to make it to the sink to begin cleanup and get the splinters out of
the hole. My wife made me lift my feet up so she could put down
newspaper....

Women, even professional ones, can be funny about cleanliness.

A number of years back my partner and I entered the emergency department
with a backboarded bleeding woman, only to be told to "take her back outside
the doors until we get a trauma bed ready. They just mopped in here."

J. Clarke

wrote:

she saw the bloody mess in the sink (the part I didn't clean up),

"You're going to have to stop using these power tools when I'm not home.
I worry that
something's going to happen, and it did".

Of course what she means by "something" is you bleeding in the sink
and not cleaning it up afterwards.

I once dumped an armful of blood on the kitchen floor, whilst trying
to make it to the sink to begin cleanup and get the splinters out of
the hole. My wife made me lift my feet up so she could put down
newspaper....

I'd have seriously considered upgrading at that point and hang the expense.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
George E. Cawthon

wrote:

she saw the bloody mess in the sink (the part I didn't clean up),

"You're going to have to stop using these power tools when I'm not home. I worry that
something's going to happen, and it did".

Of course what she means by "something" is you bleeding in the sink
and not cleaning it up afterwards.

I once dumped an armful of blood on the kitchen floor, whilst trying
to make it to the sink to begin cleanup and get the splinters out of
the hole. My wife made me lift my feet up so she could put down
newspaper....

Oh, yes. Wives can be so sympathetic when you are
getting something they consider their domain
dirty! "go back and wipe your feet and leave that
dirty arm on the porch before you come back in!"
loutent

Hi Bob,

I've done that too, but the "most stupidest" thing I ever
did in this regard involved a brand new 5 inch panel
raiser that I bought for my new (at the time) 1.5 HP
Grizzly shaper.

I never handled a 3 wing piece of steel like that before.
It had the goop on all wings. I wanted to see how it
looked, sounded etc on the shaper - no sense in scraping
that goop off I thought. Since the shaper was new, I called
SWMBO down to the basement to hear it purr.

Sure enough, soon as I hit the switch I had 3 plastic
projectiles flying all over the shop. Fortunately,
none hit anyone.. Seemed like bullets at the time!

Red faced, I cursed the damn bit...SWMBO just smiled
and walked away.

Made a lot of paneled doors that year.

Lou

In article , bob
wrote:

[...]

B a r r y

bob wrote:
So, I'm
working the plastic goop off and it suddenly loosens up and slides up and
off, with my finger firmly planted on the cutter edge. Youch! Shazbat! I
sliced the tip of my index finger pretty good.

I feel your pain, brother!

Barry

ouch! 25v dc leakage to DVD case The Real Andy Electronics Repair 4 June 29th 04 09:35 AM
Property taxes and Homestead Exemption in Texas -- Second year OUCH! Alex Home Ownership 6 June 9th 04 11:35 PM
Ouch P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº4 Woodworking 11 May 6th 04 06:16 PM
Read the Intro...Ouch! philski Woodworking 24 April 1st 04 03:53 PM
OUCH! Silvan Woodworking 18 January 15th 04 01:17 PM