Michael Billings

Default Rigid portable table saw

(I posted this message yesterday, couldnt find it anywhere on the group.
Sorry if it ends up there twice).

Hello. What is the general opinion of the Rigid TS2400LS portable table
table saw? Its about 100.00 cjeaper than the Bosch portable table saw (with
folding stand). It has a 3 year warrenty and 90 day money back gaurentee.
I'm not worried about table extentions as I can create a folding outfeed
table set up for the basement. The issue is simply quality and durability.

Thank you.

Michael

Richard Cline

In article kWf3e.145474$gJ3.89819@clgrps13,
"Michael Billings" wrote:

I have a Ridgid table say and have been quite happy with the quality.

Dick

(I posted this message yesterday, couldnt find it anywhere on the group.
Sorry if it ends up there twice).

Hello. What is the general opinion of the Rigid TS2400LS portable table
table saw? Its about 100.00 cjeaper than the Bosch portable table saw (with
folding stand). It has a 3 year warrenty and 90 day money back gaurentee.
I'm not worried about table extentions as I can create a folding outfeed
table set up for the basement. The issue is simply quality and durability.

Thank you.

Michael

Doug Brown

Workbench Magazien reviewed this saw along with the Bosch 4000-07, DeWalt
DW744S, Craftsman 137.218300 and Ryobi BTS20 in their April 204 Issue (Issue
#282).

The Ridgid was the Editors Choice and the Craftsman was Top Value.

Pro's for the Bosch were enormous stock support, powerful, quiet and smooth
running. Con's were "Too large for one person to move, blade changing is
troublesome and below average dust collection. The

Pro's for the Ridgid were "Excellent base, Great performance, outstanding
features and controls." Cons were "no outfeed support, finish rubbed off
tabletop."

Their verdict was that "Ridgid sets the standard for jobsite table saws.
Represents the best of all worlds at a competitive price."

It should be noted that both the Ridgid and Bosch offer soft start.

I bought the Craftsman and found it to perform quite well.
"Michael Billings" wrote in message
(I posted this message yesterday, couldnt find it anywhere on the group.
Sorry if it ends up there twice).

Hello. What is the general opinion of the Rigid TS2400LS portable table
table saw? Its about 100.00 cjeaper than the Bosch portable table saw

(with
folding stand). It has a 3 year warrenty and 90 day money back gaurentee.
I'm not worried about table extentions as I can create a folding outfeed
table set up for the basement. The issue is simply quality and

durability.

Thank you.

Michael

George Bame

I won't promote the Bosch over Rigid because I haven't used both. I have a
Bosch 4000 that I'm happy with, but that doesn't mean the Rigid won't work
as well or better.

I will say one thing about the issue of moving the Bosch saw. I bought the
Bosch 4000-09, the one that comes with the nifty folding, wheeled stand. On
that stand the saw is a snap to move and set up (which I have to do all the
time due to limited space). I avoided the folding stand because I do have
to move it around all the time. The folding stand added to the cost, but I
figure it was a lot cheaper than back surgery.

BTW, Bosch pre-drills that stand for a number of saws, including the Rigid
2400; so, if you get the Rigid you could still use that stand.

George Bame
Norfolk, VA

"Doug Brown" wrote in message
Workbench Magazien reviewed this saw along with the Bosch 4000-07, DeWalt
DW744S, Craftsman 137.218300 and Ryobi BTS20 in their April 204 Issue

(Issue

Robatoy

"Michael Billings" wrote:

(I posted this message yesterday, couldnt find it anywhere on the group.
Sorry if it ends up there twice).

Hello. What is the general opinion of the Rigid TS2400LS portable table
table saw? Its about 100.00 cjeaper than the Bosch portable table saw (with
folding stand). It has a 3 year warrenty and 90 day money back gaurentee.
I'm not worried about table extentions as I can create a folding outfeed
table set up for the basement. The issue is simply quality and durability.

Thank you.

Michael

I bought one because the thing makes sense. The extension that slides
out the right side allows a router insert to be placed in the gap. You
have to do a little rabbetting, but it sure is handy...and you get to
use the fence, which has nifty t-slots already extruded in it. I quite
like the fence... for what it is. I know it's not an Oliver.
It soft starts and has lots of balls. I use it to cut strips of solid
surface, and it's pretty much all it does. Got a set of big stabelisers
(Lee Valley) on the arbour and made a zero clearance insert for it.
The built-in dust-collection (only a 2 1/4") ductwork works adequately.
My only beef is that I had to tighten the locking mechanism for the
arbour tilt-action quite a bit. It was just not very positive out of the
box.
Yup.. it comes in a box.
When not in use, I fold the thing up, slap it against the wall, router
insert and all..... handy as a bag of chips (pocket on a shirt?)

I think you'll be surprised howe good it really is.
USENET READER

I love the folding stand for the saw, but I can't seem to find it as a
seperate buy - you can only buy it at Home Depot with the table saw
itself. I have an old saw that I want to get a stand for, and no one
seems to sell the stand by itself. I need to be able to move the saw in
and out of my garage to work on my house and I can't use it in the
garage all the time.

Michael Billings wrote:
(I posted this message yesterday, couldnt find it anywhere on the group.
Sorry if it ends up there twice).

Hello. What is the general opinion of the Rigid TS2400LS portable table
table saw? Its about 100.00 cjeaper than the Bosch portable table saw (with
folding stand). It has a 3 year warrenty and 90 day money back gaurentee.
I'm not worried about table extentions as I can create a folding outfeed
table set up for the basement. The issue is simply quality and durability.

Thank you.

Michael

nospambob

I put casters on two legs that function when the other end of the
stand is lifted making it like a wheelbarrow.

Michael Billings wrote:
(I posted this message yesterday, couldnt find it anywhere on the group.
Sorry if it ends up there twice).

Hello. What is the general opinion of the Rigid TS2400LS portable table
table saw? Its about 100.00 cjeaper than the Bosch portable table saw (with
folding stand). It has a 3 year warrenty and 90 day money back gaurentee.
I'm not worried about table extentions as I can create a folding outfeed
table set up for the basement. The issue is simply quality and durability.

Thank you.

Michael

Patriarch

USENET READER wrote in
nk.net:

I love the folding stand for the saw, but I can't seem to find it as a
seperate buy - you can only buy it at Home Depot with the table saw
itself. I have an old saw that I want to get a stand for, and no one
seems to sell the stand by itself. I need to be able to move the saw
in and out of my garage to work on my house and I can't use it in the
garage all the time.

Have you looked at the Ridgid Miter Saw Utility Vehicle at HD? I bought
one last spring for my CMS, but I believe that it could adapt to a jobsite
table saw without too much difficulty. Pretty useful beast.

$99 on sale.

Patriarch
Unquestionably Confused

on 4/4/2005 1:03 PM Patriarch said the following:
USENET READER wrote in
nk.net:

I love the folding stand for the saw, but I can't seem to find it as a
seperate buy - you can only buy it at Home Depot with the table saw
itself. I have an old saw that I want to get a stand for, and no one
seems to sell the stand by itself. I need to be able to move the saw
in and out of my garage to work on my house and I can't use it in the
garage all the time.

Might want to check for the following:

StableMate PLUS100 Universal Miter Saw Stand
and Iowa Manufacturing, Inc. SM-600 StableMate Wheel Kit

Iowa Mfg is the manufacturer. The saw stand goes for $99 -- have seen
them at Ace Hardware but bought mine for the same price (sans tax and
shipping at Amazon.com)

Very nice system. Stand is VERY rigid and the saw (or whatever you wish
to mount on it) mounts to a very sturdy quick release platform that
allows for easy transport/storage. I also bought the wheel kit for mine
so all told I have about $116 into it. Basic unit includes side wings
to support your stock. With both extended you're looking at about a 10'
span.

It will fit ANY CMS or SCMS. No plastic, all galvanized steel or
structural, extruded aluminum (saw platform).

Portable Table Saw TB Woodworking 19 November 19th 04 03:36 AM
Adjustable Shop/Die Table Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 5 April 26th 04 04:03 PM
How Wide Should an Outfeed Table be? Jay Chan Woodworking 9 March 17th 04 02:42 PM
General International Table Saw Dimensions Bruce Woodworking 8 February 22nd 04 04:53 AM
Router Table vs Router Table extension on Table Saw Davemac Woodworking 9 February 3rd 04 06:00 PM