Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Some newer projects

Ok, I'm being lazy.. here's a link to a facebook photo album, the last 9
pictures are recent projects:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=384887edca
you don't need to join facebook to view these..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message
Ok, I'm being lazy.. here's a link to a facebook photo album, the last 9
pictures are recent projects:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=384887edca
you don't need to join facebook to view these..

Nice looking stuff Mac. The combo of smooth and rough is pleasing to the
eye. Who do you sell most of your turnings to?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 11/15/2010 9:54 AM, mac davis wrote:
Ok, I'm being lazy.. here's a link to a facebook photo album, the last 9
pictures are recent projects:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=384887edca
you don't need to join facebook to view these..

Mighty fine, mighty fine ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mac davis wrote:
Ok, I'm being lazy.. here's a link to a facebook photo album, the last 9
pictures are recent projects:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=384887edca
you don't need to join facebook to view these..

Some gorgeous stuff. I like the puppywood bowl.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

To err is human. To blame someone else
is politics.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

really like the use of the stressed woods and also love the detailed
knot......
I do ceramics and in many ways like to show the clay body along with the
glaze.
You do it fine with the rough textures and the polished combinations.....
good material here.....
john
"mac davis" wrote in message
Ok, I'm being lazy.. here's a link to a facebook photo album, the last 9
pictures are recent projects:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=384887edca
you don't need to join facebook to view these..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 11:14:52 -0500, "Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at
comcast dot net wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
Ok, I'm being lazy.. here's a link to a facebook photo album, the last 9
pictures are recent projects:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=384887edca
you don't need to join facebook to view these..

Nice looking stuff Mac. The combo of smooth and rough is pleasing to the
eye. Who do you sell most of your turnings to?

Thanks, Lee.. that's sort of where my "art" is evolving, into "rough and
smooth..
For about 15 years I would only use bowl blanks with no knots or cracks.. Now, I
look for weird features in the wood..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 14:38:12 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 11/15/2010 9:54 AM, mac davis wrote:
Ok, I'm being lazy.. here's a link to a facebook photo album, the last 9
pictures are recent projects:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=384887edca
you don't need to join facebook to view these..

Mighty fine, mighty fine ...

thanks, Swing.. appreciate it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 19:14:47 -0500, Gerald Ross wrote:

mac davis wrote:
Ok, I'm being lazy.. here's a link to a facebook photo album, the last 9
pictures are recent projects:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=384887edca
you don't need to join facebook to view these..

Some gorgeous stuff. I like the puppywood bowl.

Thank you, Mr. Ross.. a very high compliment, coming from an artist like you..
I DO remember where I got the 2 dogwood blanks, by the way.. they were both
turned and donated to charity raffles..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 21:35:34 -0800, "jloomis" wrote:
Thank you, John...
I try to shape the wood to highlight the WOOD, not my turning skill, such as it
may be.. You can't top Mother Nature..

really like the use of the stressed woods and also love the detailed
knot......
I do ceramics and in many ways like to show the clay body along with the
glaze.
You do it fine with the rough textures and the polished combinations.....
good material here.....
john
"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
Ok, I'm being lazy.. here's a link to a facebook photo album, the last 9
pictures are recent projects:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=384887edca
you don't need to join facebook to view these..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Ok, I'm being lazy.. here's a link to a facebook photo album, the last 9
pictures are recent projects:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=384887edca
you don't need to join facebook to view these..
mac

Nice stuff Mac. I'm not a Facebook fan but I liked the layout you've
got going there too. Always a pleasure to see your stuff and what
you've been up to in the shop.
`Casper

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 08:34:14 -0500, Casper wrote:

Ok, I'm being lazy.. here's a link to a facebook photo album, the last 9
pictures are recent projects:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...4&l=384887edca
you don't need to join facebook to view these..
mac

Nice stuff Mac. I'm not a Facebook fan but I liked the layout you've
got going there too. Always a pleasure to see your stuff and what
you've been up to in the shop.
`Casper

Thanks, Casper..
More folks are bringing me interesting wood from the States when they come
down.. Some real challenges!
I really like Facebook.. Spend way too much time there