Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default some cherry tables w/provinence

this set turned out ok.... there were some hair raising happenings
along the way and most of the screw ups dont show. ;-] this cherry was
sawn at my grand fathers mill around the fall of 1971. He had me dig
it out of the barn about 5-6 years ago because he didn't think he
would ever get a round tuit. it has only one coat of oil on it so the
finish is a little rough yet.
skeez

Attached Thumbnails
some cherry tables w/provinence-img_3065-jpg  some cherry tables w/provinence-img_3066-jpg  some cherry tables w/provinence-img_3067-jpg  some cherry tables w/provinence-img_3068-jpg  some cherry tables w/provinence-img_3069-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"skeez" wrote in message
this set turned out ok.... there were some hair raising happenings
along the way and most of the screw ups dont show. ;-] this cherry was
sawn at my grand fathers mill around the fall of 1971. He had me dig
it out of the barn about 5-6 years ago because he didn't think he
would ever get a round tuit. it has only one coat of oil on it so the
finish is a little rough yet.
skeez

Very nice. I like the fluted legs. Simple and understated.

What color are you going to paint them? LOL

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 18:13:00 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote:

"skeez" wrote in message
.. .
this set turned out ok.... there were some hair raising happenings
along the way and most of the screw ups dont show. ;-] this cherry was
sawn at my grand fathers mill around the fall of 1971. He had me dig
it out of the barn about 5-6 years ago because he didn't think he
would ever get a round tuit. it has only one coat of oil on it so the
finish is a little rough yet.
skeez

Very nice. I like the fluted legs. Simple and understated.

What color are you going to paint them? LOL

nawww I'm gonna take me a 6" wallpaper brush and slop some poly on. it
should be dry in about a week! :-}
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

this set turned out ok.... there were some hair raising happenings
along the way and most of the screw ups dont show. ;-] this cherry was
sawn at my grand fathers mill around the fall of 1971. He had me dig
it out of the barn about 5-6 years ago because he didn't think he
would ever get a round tuit. it has only one coat of oil on it so the
finish is a little rough yet.
skeez

Nice job. I agree on the poly. That'll give them a nice warm glow and
they should hold up for years.

`Cssper
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Simplicity makes for a fine table. Nice routed edge detail and yes, the
fluting gives the legs a touch of class.
Almost a mission style.
Great looking work, and the finish is nice too.
jloomisconstruction.com
"skeez" wrote in message
this set turned out ok.... there were some hair raising happenings
along the way and most of the screw ups dont show. ;-] this cherry was
sawn at my grand fathers mill around the fall of 1971. He had me dig
it out of the barn about 5-6 years ago because he didn't think he
would ever get a round tuit. it has only one coat of oil on it so the
finish is a little rough yet.
skeez

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 08:10:26 -0400, Casper
wrote:

this set turned out ok.... there were some hair raising happenings
along the way and most of the screw ups dont show. ;-] this cherry was
sawn at my grand fathers mill around the fall of 1971. He had me dig
it out of the barn about 5-6 years ago because he didn't think he
would ever get a round tuit. it has only one coat of oil on it so the
finish is a little rough yet.
skeez

Nice job. I agree on the poly. That'll give them a nice warm glow and
they should hold up for years.

`Cssper

ak-chhoo-lee they will be an oil finish. no poly for these. :-] I am
on the third coat now. fourth coat goes on tonight. might be done
after that. depends on how they look.

skeez