DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   some cherry tables w/provinence (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/310944-some-cherry-tables-w-provinence.html)

skeez September 30th 10 10:52 PM

some cherry tables w/provinence

5 Attachment(s)
this set turned out ok.... there were some hair raising happenings
along the way and most of the screw ups dont show. ;-] this cherry was
sawn at my grand fathers mill around the fall of 1971. He had me dig
it out of the barn about 5-6 years ago because he didn't think he
would ever get a round tuit. it has only one coat of oil on it so the
finish is a little rough yet.
skeez

Lee Michaels[_3_] September 30th 10 11:13 PM

"skeez" wrote in message
this set turned out ok.... there were some hair raising happenings
along the way and most of the screw ups dont show. ;-] this cherry was
sawn at my grand fathers mill around the fall of 1971. He had me dig
it out of the barn about 5-6 years ago because he didn't think he
would ever get a round tuit. it has only one coat of oil on it so the
finish is a little rough yet.
skeez

Very nice. I like the fluted legs. Simple and understated.

What color are you going to paint them? LOL

skeez September 30th 10 11:24 PM

some cherry tables w/provinence

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 18:13:00 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote:

"skeez" wrote in message
.. .
this set turned out ok.... there were some hair raising happenings
along the way and most of the screw ups dont show. ;-] this cherry was
sawn at my grand fathers mill around the fall of 1971. He had me dig
it out of the barn about 5-6 years ago because he didn't think he
would ever get a round tuit. it has only one coat of oil on it so the
finish is a little rough yet.
skeez

Very nice. I like the fluted legs. Simple and understated.

What color are you going to paint them? LOL

nawww I'm gonna take me a 6" wallpaper brush and slop some poly on. it
should be dry in about a week! :-}

Casper October 1st 10 01:10 PM

some cherry tables w/provinence

this set turned out ok.... there were some hair raising happenings
along the way and most of the screw ups dont show. ;-] this cherry was
sawn at my grand fathers mill around the fall of 1971. He had me dig
it out of the barn about 5-6 years ago because he didn't think he
would ever get a round tuit. it has only one coat of oil on it so the
finish is a little rough yet.
skeez

Nice job. I agree on the poly. That'll give them a nice warm glow and
they should hold up for years.

`Cssper

jloomis October 1st 10 02:58 PM

some cherry tables w/provinence

Simplicity makes for a fine table. Nice routed edge detail and yes, the
fluting gives the legs a touch of class.
Almost a mission style.
Great looking work, and the finish is nice too.
jloomisconstruction.com

skeez October 1st 10 07:59 PM

some cherry tables w/provinence

On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 08:10:26 -0400, Casper
wrote:

this set turned out ok.... there were some hair raising happenings
along the way and most of the screw ups dont show. ;-] this cherry was
sawn at my grand fathers mill around the fall of 1971. He had me dig
it out of the barn about 5-6 years ago because he didn't think he
would ever get a round tuit. it has only one coat of oil on it so the
finish is a little rough yet.
skeez

Nice job. I agree on the poly. That'll give them a nice warm glow and
they should hold up for years.

`Cssper

ak-chhoo-lee they will be an oil finish. no poly for these. :-] I am
on the third coat now. fourth coat goes on tonight. might be done
after that. depends on how they look.

skeez