Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Gumball Dispenser

Walnut and Cherry book-sized dispenser for gumballs or other
spherical things. The only metal part was a coiled spring inside
to return the plunger to the extended position. The balls were
inserted by swinging the door in front to either side and when the
plunger on top was pressed, one would roll out the hole in the
lower part of the front.

--
Nonny

You cannot make a stupid kid smart by
handing him a diploma. Schools need standards
to measure the amount of education actually
absorbed by children. Don't sacrifice the smart
kids to make the dumb ones feel good about themselves.

Attached Thumbnails
Gumball Dispenser-mlb-gumball-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Nonny" wrote in message
Walnut and Cherry book-sized dispenser for gumballs or other
spherical things. The only metal part was a coiled spring inside
to return the plunger to the extended position. The balls were
inserted by swinging the door in front to either side and when the
plunger on top was pressed, one would roll out the hole in the
lower part of the front.

I know what you're talking about, but I still cringe reading it.

B.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Buddy Matlosz" wrote in message

"Nonny" wrote in message
Walnut and Cherry book-sized dispenser for gumballs or other
spherical things. The only metal part was a coiled spring
inside
to return the plunger to the extended position. The balls were
inserted by swinging the door in front to either side and when
the
plunger on top was pressed, one would roll out the hole in the
lower part of the front.

I know what you're talking about, but I still cringe reading it.

B.

Curious. Why is that? I usually built them for the typical
gumball. My DIL loved Fireballs, so I made here a custom one for
just those. There's a fuller description in r.w.w

--
Nonny

You cannot make a stupid kid smart by
handing him a diploma. Schools need standards
to measure the amount of education actually
absorbed by children. Don't sacrifice the smart
kids to make the dumb ones feel good about themselves.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Walnut and Cherry book-sized dispenser for gumballs or other
spherical things. The only metal part was a coiled spring inside
to return the plunger to the extended position. The balls were
inserted by swinging the door in front to either side and when the
plunger on top was pressed, one would roll out the hole in the
lower part of the front. Nonny

Nifty. Did you create this pattern or is it from an existing plan?
I'm not big on gum but would be great for Fireballs.

Train your mind to test every thought, ideology,
train of reasoning, and claim to truth.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Casper" wrote in message
Walnut and Cherry book-sized dispenser for gumballs or other
spherical things. The only metal part was a coiled spring
inside
to return the plunger to the extended position. The balls were
inserted by swinging the door in front to either side and when
the
plunger on top was pressed, one would roll out the hole in the
lower part of the front. Nonny

Nifty. Did you create this pattern or is it from an existing
plan?
I'm not big on gum but would be great for Fireballs.

Train your mind to test every thought, ideology,
train of reasoning, and claim to truth.

As I said in the rec.woodworking post that went with the photo, I
got the idea for it from a piece in a magazine. The one the
magazine featured had clear sides and used a strip of wood for the
return "spring." As with all things I built, I did it from
scratch. I also mentioned that I built one specially for my DIL
to dispense Fireballs. Grin

If you make one, make the gate that travels between the storage
ramp and dispensing ramp no more than 1/8" thicker than the
gumball or Fireball, and the hole no more than 1/4" larger. Then,
use a small drum sander and slope the bottom of the hole so the
round ball rolls out on its own.

--
Nonny

What does it mean when drool runs