Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Christmas gumball dispenser

One of the most complicated Christmas presents I made was gumball
dispensers. The idea came from a Workbench magazine article, but
the design was my own. The frame was made from scrap cherry and
the sides from book matched 3/16" walnut. The finish was Tung
oil. Gum balls were added by swinging a little door aside in the
upper part of the front, where they sat in an angled hopper. When
a plunger was pressed on the top rear, a gate permitted one to
fall below the hopper's floor level, where they rolled out along
an inclined ramp.

While complicated, they were surprisingly quick to make in
quantity. I made 2 dozen easily in just a few days.

--
Nonny

You cannot make a stupid kid smart by
handing him a diploma. Schools need standards
to measure the amount of education actually
absorbed by children. Don't sacrifice the smart
kids to make the dumb ones feel good about themselves.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Nonny" wrote in message
[...]

Photo added to binaries group

--
Nonny

You cannot make a stupid kid smart by
handing him a diploma. Schools need standards
to measure the amount of education actually
absorbed by children. Don't sacrifice the smart
kids to make the dumb ones feel good about themselves.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 11, 2:47*pm, "Nonny" wrote:
"Nonny" wrote in message

[...]

kids to make the dumb ones feel good about themselves.- Hide quoted text -

Where do I find this "binaries group" thingy??? Or do you have a link
to the picturess?

Thanks,
Jim
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:36:16 -0800 (PST), blackemmons
wrote:

Where do I find this "binaries group" thingy??? Or do you have a link
to the picturess?

It's alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. It's not available through
Google because they do not provide access to binary groups.

You'll have to find an ISP that does support binary groups. Typically,
most ISP's charge a specific rate for that type of access.
Alternatively, you can pay a one time fee of ($2.95 I think) to
Teranews to get limited access to binaries.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks guys. That's a lot of brain work for an ol' guy to figure out.

Can some one just post it on a site like sawmillcreek.org? I can get
through most of that.

I was going to build some for the grand-kids for Christmas and was
looking for ideas, pics and plans.

Thanks for the help.

Jim