Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Cradle progress

I have to now sand, fit, glue and screw the base then build the rocking
stand and final sand and wax.

The baby is due on the 27th of October (please don't be early little
fellow, please?)

Oh that reddish stain on the floor isn't my (or anyone else's) blood
despite all my best efforts, I haven't spilt that much in the workshop!

Mekon

--
Mekon

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mekon" wrote in message
I have to now sand, fit, glue and screw the base then build the rocking
stand and final sand and wax.

The baby is due on the 27th of October (please don't be early little
fellow, please?)

Oh that reddish stain on the floor isn't my (or anyone else's) blood
despite all my best efforts, I haven't spilt that much in the workshop!

Looks nice! Good work. How are you going to finish it?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mekon" wrote
I have to now sand, fit, glue and screw the base then build the rocking
stand and final sand and wax.

The baby is due on the 27th of October (please don't be early little
fellow, please?)

Oh that reddish stain on the floor isn't my (or anyone else's) blood
despite all my best efforts, I haven't spilt that much in the workshop!

An absolute elegant design! Is it yours?

Regardless, the execution appears to be flawless. Excellent work!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mekon wrote:
I have to now sand, fit, glue and screw the base then build the rocking
stand and final sand and wax.

The baby is due on the 27th of October (please don't be early little
fellow, please?)

Oh that reddish stain on the floor isn't my (or anyone else's) blood
despite all my best efforts, I haven't spilt that much in the workshop!

Mekon

A very elegant Cradle indeed. Very well done.
--
Kevin

lindo745 (at) yahoo (dot) com
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mekon wrote:
I have to now sand, fit, glue and screw the base then build the rocking
stand and final sand and wax.

The baby is due on the 27th of October (please don't be early little
fellow, please?)

Oh that reddish stain on the floor isn't my (or anyone else's) blood
despite all my best efforts, I haven't spilt that much in the workshop!

So far, so good...

:-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Mekon wrote in
:

I have to now sand, fit, glue and screw the base then build the rocking
stand and final sand and wax.

The baby is due on the 27th of October (please don't be early little
fellow, please?)

Oh that reddish stain on the floor isn't my (or anyone else's) blood
despite all my best efforts, I haven't spilt that much in the workshop!

Mekon

Beautiful!

Remember, my birthdaqy is the 24th (the 64th).

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mekon" wrote in message
I have to now sand, fit, glue and screw the base then build the rocking
stand and final sand and wax.

The baby is due on the 27th of October (please don't be early little
fellow, please?)

Oh that reddish stain on the floor isn't my (or anyone else's) blood
despite all my best efforts, I haven't spilt that much in the workshop!

Looks nice! Good work. How are you going to finish it?

Just wax I think, I'll take suggestions if there are any better ideas.

Mekon

--
Mekon

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mekon" wrote
I have to now sand, fit, glue and screw the base then build the rocking
stand and final sand and wax.

The baby is due on the 27th of October (please don't be early little
fellow, please?)

Oh that reddish stain on the floor isn't my (or anyone else's) blood
despite all my best efforts, I haven't spilt that much in the workshop!

An absolute elegant design! Is it yours?

Regardless, the execution appears to be flawless. Excellent work!

No, it is the only thing I have ever built from a plan.

And as for flawless... well not quite. )

Mekon

--
Mekon

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Mekon wrote in
:

I have to now sand, fit, glue and screw the base then build the rocking
stand and final sand and wax.

The baby is due on the 27th of October (please don't be early little
fellow, please?)

Oh that reddish stain on the floor isn't my (or anyone else's) blood
despite all my best efforts, I haven't spilt that much in the workshop!

Mekon

Beautiful!

Remember, my birthdaqy is the 24th (the 64th).

Mine's the 23rd, mum's is the 24th too, All I want is a healthy
grandson though.

Mekon

--
Mekon

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mekon" wrote in message
I have to now sand, fit, glue and screw the base then build the rocking
stand and final sand and wax.

The baby is due on the 27th of October (please don't be early little
fellow, please?)

Oh that reddish stain on the floor isn't my (or anyone else's) blood
despite all my best efforts, I haven't spilt that much in the workshop!

Mekon

-- Mekon

Thanks Tom.
Mekon

--
Mekon

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I have to agree with everyone. What a beautiful job.
I do know there are non toxic water based, clear sealers available.
I do not have any names of these products but did use one on a birch floor
some time back...
jloomis
"Mekon" wrote in message
I have to now sand, fit, glue and screw the base then build the rocking
stand and final sand and wax.

The baby is due on the 27th of October (please don't be early little
fellow, please?)

Oh that reddish stain on the floor isn't my (or anyone else's) blood
despite all my best efforts, I haven't spilt that much in the workshop!

Mekon

--
Mekon

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 22:40:48 GMT, Mekon
wrote:

I have to now sand, fit, glue and screw the base then build the rocking
stand and final sand and wax.

The baby is due on the 27th of October (please don't be early little
fellow, please?)

Oh that reddish stain on the floor isn't my (or anyone else's) blood
despite all my best efforts, I haven't spilt that much in the workshop!

Mekon

Beautiful job - I look forward to seeing the whole thing finished.
Though I hope yours finds more use than mine.

I made a pendulum cradle 4 years ago - flat morticed mahogany(ish)
slats in an ash frame. I was as proud as punch - biggest project I'd
done for years and turned out better than I thought I was capable of.
Made to be knocked down as it had to travel a long way. I'm retired
and disabled and can only manage an hour or so a day in the workshop,
so it took me several weeks, followed by almost a week's bedrest. A
dour fellow-woodworker warned me that in his experience I'd spend
longer making it than the bairn would be in it - I should have
listened.

My brand-new grandson was in it less than 2 weeks before the in-laws
trumped it (deliberately) with a very expensive commercial effort -
preferred by my daughter-in-law because it was a 'proper' gift and not
a 'home-made' one. Mine was consigned to the loft.

Still glad I made it though - I've half a mind to ask for it back and
offer it free to the next new baby I see...

John

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

I'm sorry to be so blunt, John, but the nicest thing I can say is that your
daughter-in-law has no class. Home-made, indeed. Can she understand the
words "Hand crafted with love?". Someday, years from now, someone will find
that old "hand-made" one in the loft and it will be a treasure. Won't be
able to say that about the commercial effort. I sympathize, her
insensitivity must have hurt a bit.

I'd better stop because her stupidity REALLY rankles me - you know what they
say - You can put pearls before swine......

Mekon - Beautiful work! I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated.

Vic

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Cradle progress - Cradle-2.jpg (0/1)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Cradle progress - Cradle-2.jpg (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
Cradle progress-cradle-2-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"John" wrote

My brand-new grandson was in it less than 2 weeks before the in-laws
trumped it (deliberately) with a very expensive commercial effort -
preferred by my daughter-in-law because it was a 'proper' gift and not
a 'home-made' one. Mine was consigned to the loft.

My condolences on the DIL/in-laws ... sounds like the acorn didn't fall far
from the tree ... there is no accounting for taste, or lack thereof.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

John wrote:

My brand-new grandson was in it less than 2 weeks before the in-laws
trumped it

No they didn't.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

I have to now sand, fit, glue and screw the base then build the rocking
stand and final sand and wax.

The baby is due on the 27th of October (please don't be early little
fellow, please?)

Oh that reddish stain on the floor isn't my (or anyone else's) blood
despite all my best efforts, I haven't spilt that much in the workshop!

Mekon

Sorry Mekon - posted a pic of my own which appeared (in my software)
as though it was a continuation of your post. No intention to
compete, just to add - I'm not used to posting pics. Apologies.

John
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

What a pity ,some of the younger generation for all their education do not
know any better.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

That's awful. A 'proper' gift indeed!. What is 'proper' about flashing
a credit card and having someone deliver it. Where is the
thoughtfulness? Where is the dedication? Where is the love?

Don't wait to 'see' a baby, go look for one and ask for it back. It
deserves a better home.

Mekon

--
Mekon

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

Sorry Mekon - posted a pic of my own which appeared (in my software)
as though it was a continuation of your post. No intention to
compete, just to add - I'm not used to posting pics. Apologies.

John

No problem mate, the indentation sorts it out and we ain't competitors.

I would have been proud to have built yours.

One of my bugbears with cradles is that they should be open like both
of ours are, to allow the CO2 exhaled by the baby to fall away. If it
can't it pools up in the cradle and the baby ends up starved of oxygen.
I have read years ago that this may be a cause of cot death. (SIDS)

As I said before get it back and send it to a good home.

If you can't find a baby the Salvation Army (or similar organisation in
your area) would know of one in need.

Mekon

--
Mekon

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Mekon" wrote
I have to now sand, fit, glue and screw the base then build the rocking
stand and final sand and wax.

The baby is due on the 27th of October (please don't be early little
fellow, please?)

Oh that reddish stain on the floor isn't my (or anyone else's) blood
despite all my best efforts, I haven't spilt that much in the workshop!

An absolute elegant design! Is it yours?

Regardless, the execution appears to be flawless. Excellent work!

I got the plans are he

http://www.wildwooddesigns.com/prodi...878&aref=14054

They are good plans for all but the sides - but that might just be me.

Mekon

--
Mekon

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Cradle progress - 1 attachment

Mekon wrote in
:

Mekon wrote in
:

I have to now sand, fit, glue and screw the base then build the
rocking stand and final sand and wax.

The baby is due on the 27th of October (please don't be early little
fellow, please?)

Oh that reddish stain on the floor isn't my (or anyone else's) blood
despite all my best efforts, I haven't spilt that much in the
workshop!

Mekon

Beautiful!

Remember, my birthdaqy is the 24th (the 64th).

Mine's the 23rd, mum's is the 24th too, All I want is a healthy
grandson though.

Mekon

Fair enough. I love counting to ten ...
Here's Matt at 3 mo (he's 2 years now)

--
Best regards
Han

Attached Thumbnails
Cradle progress-matt_3_mo-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 12 Sep 2008 00:08:28 GMT, Han wrote:

Fair enough. I love counting to ten ...
Here's Matt at 3 mo (he's 2 years now)

Super wee man - I wouldn't pick a fight with him... G

John

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Boy do I agree with that, John - they do NOT deserve it - better to donate
it to an unwed mother's shelter or orphanage where it will be appreciated.

Vic

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:47:09 +0100, John wrote:

My brand-new grandson was in it less than 2 weeks before the in-laws
trumped it (deliberately) with a very expensive commercial effort -
preferred by my daughter-in-law because it was a 'proper' gift and not
a 'home-made' one. Mine was consigned to the loft.

Still glad I made it though - I've half a mind to ask for it back and
offer it free to the next new baby I see...

John

Some people are just ignorant or arrogant, John.. I'd suspect both in their
case..

Hand made, hand crafted, etc. should be associated with caring and
customization, IMHO, and should be appreciated as such..

Having had a few sets of in-laws like that myself, I'd guess that they would of
trumped whatever you gave her, even if it was a very expensive antique..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On 12 Sep 2008 00:08:28 GMT, Han wrote:

Fair enough. I love counting to ten ...
Here's Matt at 3 mo (he's 2 years now)

Damn, put glasses on him and a tweed coat and he's little Mekon!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:59:54 -0700, mac davis
wrote:

Still glad I made it though - I've half a mind to ask for it back and
offer it free to the next new baby I see...

Better than asking for it back, he should just say that since they're
not using it, he's giving it to someone who will use it. They
shouldn't get the chance to refuse the consignment to someone else.

And yes, it's a travesty that the love, care and good intentions that
went into this crib should be shoved aside so easily. Things like that
tie my guts in a knot.

Babydoll Cradle Cooniedog Woodworking Plans and Photos 2 January 25th 08 04:11 AM
Cradle D Jordahl Woodworking 1 December 28th 05 05:39 PM
DOLL CRADLE J T Woodworking 0 September 29th 05 01:27 AM
Cradle walks. Why? [email protected] Woodworking 13 March 2nd 05 02:39 PM
Cradle finish Al in WA soon MT Woodworking 6 January 6th 05 07:25 PM