Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default slant top desk

Attached Thumbnails
slant top desk-p1030078-jpg  slant top desk-p1030079-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Beautiful wood/grain, nice work.

I have to ask: what is the bent wire used for? :-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Beautiful wood/grain, nice work.

I have to ask: what is the bent wire used for? :-)

Aha you noticed .There are 5 secret compartments in the gallery .the bent
wire [paperclip ] opens three of them .The document files are "locked" as is
the interior cubby . The interior cubby when removed has rthree secret
drawers behind it .The document files have secret compartments located in
the bottom of each .Of course none of them are secret now........mjh

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mike hide wrote:

Aha you noticed.

Well, the piece /does/ invite close examination. Perhaps it'd have
worked better to make it boring?

Of course none of them are secret now...

No problem, I've already forgotten whatever it was. Now, if I could just
find my car keys... ;-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mike hide wrote:

That's some mighty nicely figured wood there. Was it painful cutting the
curves for the drawers in such beautiful, thick wood? ;-)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Nice job!
The figure in that wood is incredible. It looks fake in the photos
but probably is mind blowing in real life.
Art

"mike hide" wrote in message
. ..

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Artemus" wrote in message
. ..
Nice job!
The figure in that wood is incredible. It looks fake in the photos
but probably is mind blowing in real life.
Art

"mike hide" wrote in message
. ..

The wood ,tiger or is it curley maple ,I never know the difference was
supplied by the customer.He knows wood very well .this particular batch came
from Pennsyvania, probably one of the Hearn brothers. the only problem
,other than the difficulties milling and cutting the stuff was that
everything was 1" stock and there was nothing very wide .The grain being so
active almost precludes making inperceptable joints ,I would have liked to
have wide boards for the sides and the fall ,I had to do the best I could.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I have to be the smartass....what color are you going to paint it? )

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mapdude" wrote in message
. ..
I have to be the smartass....what color are you going to paint it? )

mike hide wrote:

green same as the other one

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

To use the current venacular - OMG!

To make a piece like this is a fantasy for most of us.

To have enough wood like this - and enough to make the entire
piece? Beyond even dreams.

To have a client who would commission such a piece - astounding.

To have the client supply all the wood - of this quality - un-phreakin'
believable!

What a client! More important - what a craftsman - in the truest
sense of the word.

These pics are going in my OMG folder for sure.

Hope you don't bruise easily - given all the "pats on the back" this one
will bring.

charlie b
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"charlieb" wrote in message
To use the current venacular - OMG!

To make a piece like this is a fantasy for most of us.

To have enough wood like this - and enough to make the entire
piece? Beyond even dreams.

To have a client who would commission such a piece - astounding.

To have the client supply all the wood - of this quality - un-phreakin'
believable!

What a client! More important - what a craftsman - in the truest
sense of the word.

These pics are going in my OMG folder for sure.

Hope you don't bruise easily - given all the "pats on the back" this one
will bring.

charlie b

Charlie and others thanks for the accolades it is appreciated. was
fortunate to be "taught" by a master Charles Heyward I read every book by
him cover to cover. Most would call his texts outdated but they cut to the
core on just about every aspect of woodworking. As for the client ,Henry, he
has an uncanny eye for things of quality, and that not only includes wood
but art ,rugs and antique furniture, and other things also .Henry is in his
eighties and still researches diligently everything he does before comitting
to it. One other thing is time , he seldom pesters you when you are doing
projects for him, not so for others I am afraid, most want it
yesterday...mjh

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mike hide wrote:

most want it yesterday...

Sounds reasonable to me - if they'd wanted it today then they'd have
ordered it tomorrow...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mike hide wrote:

most want it yesterday...

Sounds reasonable to me - if they'd wanted it today then they'd have
ordered it tomorrow...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

You know what Dovey the last time You respnded to one of my posts I ended up
working half the winter involved in this thing ,big big trouble

Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020860.JPG (486.8 KB, 47 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mike hide" wrote in message

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Beautiful wood/grain, nice work.

I have to ask: what is the bent wire used for? :-)

Aha you noticed .There are 5 secret compartments in the gallery .the
bent wire [paperclip ] opens three of them .The document files are
"locked" as is the interior cubby . The interior cubby when removed
has rthree secret drawers behind it .The document files have secret
compartments located in the bottom of each .Of course none of them
are secret now........mjh

I like Fred Sanford's bureau which opened with a sequence of knocks on the
side.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.