Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default slant top desk

Going to try and build the desk portion of the secretary featured in FWW
some time ago . One major change is mine is in curly [chipping] maple with
the interior in walnut ..here is my progress to date ....

Attached Thumbnails
slant top desk-p1020575-jpg  slant top desk-p1020576-jpg  slant top desk-p1020577-jpg  slant top desk-p1020579-jpg  slant top desk-secretary-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 27 May 2007 22:46:03 -0400, "mike hide"
wrote:

Going to try and build the desk portion of the secretary featured in FWW
some time ago . One major change is mine is in curly [chipping] maple with
the interior in walnut ..here is my progress to date ....

Mike, thanks for this. My wife wants a similar piece for our kitchen
with the top cabinet for hiding the flat screen tv. Keep the photos
coming
R!
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Sorry Roy but I am only making the desk section, I do not really care for
the top.

having two large doors open to view anything inside the case is too large a
dark space . If I did the top I would have astralglazed doors [glazed] so
you could see everyything with the doors closed.....mjh

wrote:

Going to try and build the desk portion of the secretary featured in FWW
some time ago . One major change is mine is in curly [chipping] maple with
the interior in walnut ..here is my progress to date ....

Mike, thanks for this. My wife wants a similar piece for our kitchen
with the top cabinet for hiding the flat screen tv. Keep the photos
coming
R!

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 28 May 2007 13:03:34 -0400, "mike hide"
wrote:

Sorry Roy but I am only making the desk section, I do not really care for
the top.

having two large doors open to view anything inside the case is too large a
dark space . If I did the top I would have astralglazed doors [glazed] so
you could see everyything with the doors closed.....mjh

.. .
wrote:

Going to try and build the desk portion of the secretary featured in FWW
some time ago . One major change is mine is in curly [chipping] maple with
the interior in walnut ..here is my progress to date ....

Mike, thanks for this. My wife wants a similar piece for our kitchen
with the top cabinet for hiding the flat screen tv. Keep the photos
coming
R!

Well, I'd to see photos of the piece as you progress. This type of
desk is one of my favorites.

R!