Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default another desk project

"mike hide" wrote in message
. ..
This desk is made of solid walnut from one of the local lumber yards
.Magnificent wood totally natural [not steamed] and very reasonably
priced.
Yhe whole yard is run by a bunch of good old rednecks, absolutely super
people. the right hand drawer bank looks like three drawers but is
actually
two. All files are legal size. I used "butlers tray" hinges for thr
keyboard
drawer drawerfront flip down ....mjh

Absolutely beautiful Your own design?

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Now why would you want to go and ruin all his nice woodworking effort
with a color like THAT?

mike hide wrote:
why not Carolina flycatcher blue
. ..

mike hide wrote:
This desk is made of solid walnut from one of the local lumber yards
.Magnificent wood totally natural [not steamed] and very reasonably

priced.
Yhe whole yard is run by a bunch of good old rednecks, absolutely super
people. the right hand drawer bank looks like three drawers but is

actually
two. All files are legal size. I used "butlers tray" hinges for thr

keyboard
drawer drawerfront flip down ....mjh

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

This desk is made of solid walnut from one of the local lumber yards
..Magnificent wood totally natural [not steamed] and very reasonably priced.
Yhe whole yard is run by a bunch of good old rednecks, absolutely super
people. the right hand drawer bank looks like three drawers but is actually
two. All files are legal size. I used "butlers tray" hinges for thr keyboard
drawer drawerfront flip down ....mjh

Attached Thumbnails
another desk project-p1020778-jpg  another desk project-p1020780-jpg  another desk project-p1020783-jpg  another desk project-p1020787-jpg  another desk project-p1020799-jpg

another desk project-p1020800-jpg  another desk project-p1020801-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mike hide wrote:

This desk is made of solid walnut from one of the local lumber yards
.Magnificent wood totally natural [not steamed] and very reasonably
priced. Yhe whole yard is run by a bunch of good old rednecks, absolutely
super people. the right hand drawer bank looks like three drawers but is
actually two. All files are legal size. I used "butlers tray" hinges for
thr keyboard drawer drawerfront flip down ....mjh

Very nice. I like the false drawer fronts for the left door. Had me
fooled there for a moment looking at the side extension wondering how
useful that top left drawer was going to be. :-)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I really like your desk, especially the keyholes in each drawer, the bright
hardware looks good with the dark wood.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
"mike hide" wrote in message
. ..
This desk is made of solid walnut from one of the local lumber yards
.Magnificent wood totally natural [not steamed] and very reasonably
priced.
Yhe whole yard is run by a bunch of good old rednecks, absolutely super
people. the right hand drawer bank looks like three drawers but is
actually
two. All files are legal size. I used "butlers tray" hinges for thr
keyboard
drawer drawerfront flip down ....mjh

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mike hide wrote:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
mike hide wrote:

This desk is made of solid walnut from one of the local lumber yards
.Magnificent wood totally natural [not steamed] and very reasonably
priced. Yhe whole yard is run by a bunch of good old rednecks,

absolutely
super people. the right hand drawer bank looks like three drawers but
is actually two. All files are legal size. I used "butlers tray" hinges
for thr keyboard drawer drawerfront flip down ....mjh

Very nice. I like the false drawer fronts for the left door. Had me
fooled there for a moment looking at the side extension wondering how
useful that top left drawer was going to be. :-)

Did you mean the drawer under the RIGHT slide,

No, I meant the left side, the false front momentarily got me as the first
picture I saw was the closed door with the side table attached.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mike hide wrote:

This desk is made of solid walnut from one of the local lumber yards
.Magnificent wood totally natural [not steamed] and very reasonably
priced. Yhe whole yard is run by a bunch of good old rednecks,

absolutely
super people. the right hand drawer bank looks like three drawers but is
actually two. All files are legal size. I used "butlers tray" hinges for
thr keyboard drawer drawerfront flip down ....mjh

Very nice. I like the false drawer fronts for the left door. Had me
fooled there for a moment looking at the side extension wondering how
useful that top left drawer was going to be. :-)

Did you mean the drawer under the RIGHT slide, if so it is fully
functional.Included are additional shots of that area. The small slide pull
is not installed I found a way of installing it above the pencil drawer
which is the same depth as the other pencil drawers and the keyboard drawer.
Also shown is a view of the file drawer .Initially I intended making having
all the files laterally but that ended up with a very wide pedestal ,so I
ended up with them loaded back to front with the remainder of the drawer
geared for regular files [of which there were a few].

Attached Thumbnails
another desk project-p1020775-jpg  another desk project-p1020787-jpg  another desk project-p1020769-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020860.JPG (486.8 KB, 48 views)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Would it be possible to get more details about the CNC machine I see
in the background of one of your pictures? I'm in the process of
collecting parts to make one and I'm interested in your experience
with yours.

TIA

Duane

mike hide wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Duane Elliott" wrote in message
news
Would it be possible to get more details about the CNC machine I see
in the background of one of your pictures? I'm in the process of
collecting parts to make one and I'm interested in your experience
with yours.

TIA

Duane

I built my machine last winter,most of the parts were obtained from ebay and
home depot. Check out CNCzone.com there is a whole group of of most helpful
people. The machine I built is "joes 2006 machine" if you follow that
through there are drawings available and even a parts list and following the
posts inexpensive sources are dis cussed. For the controller check out
hobbycnc I built their 4axis system .As far as software goes I got the
cheapest icould afford around 4300 total for "mach3" and "sheetcam" mjh

mike hide wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Thanks.

mike hide wrote:

[...]

Walnut Desk Project and Sketchup PDF file Leon Woodworking 25 June 24th 08 06:32 AM
Lap Desk Mark Blum Woodworking 2 January 4th 07 03:35 PM
Computer desk project Woodchuck Woodworking 5 November 17th 04 01:22 AM
MDF Desk top Robert Rushing Woodworking 8 September 9th 04 03:55 AM
Lap Desk Gerald Ross Woodworking 0 August 30th 04 05:45 PM