Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lap Desk

I posted these pics over in A.B.P.W., but I since I wound up hosting
them on the web anyway I figured I'd post them here as well.

I made this lap desk as a gift for my wife:

http://home.mindspring.com/~hobbesct...Lap_Desk_1.jpg
http://home.mindspring.com/~hobbesct...Lap_Desk_2.jpg

It is made of maple. The finish is a dye stain and multiple coats of
shellac rubbed out to a satin finish. I even managed to figure out how
to sew up the fabric pad on the bottom, which is filled with micro-
beads to allow the bottom pad to conform to your lap. The interior is
lined with felt.

She is quite pleased with it.

-Mark
Posted to rec.woodworking

Mark Blum has brought this to us :
I posted these pics over in A.B.P.W., but I since I wound up hosting
them on the web anyway I figured I'd post them here as well.

I made this lap desk as a gift for my wife:

http://home.mindspring.com/~hobbesct...Lap_Desk_1.jpg
http://home.mindspring.com/~hobbesct...Lap_Desk_2.jpg

It is made of maple. The finish is a dye stain and multiple coats of
shellac rubbed out to a satin finish. I even managed to figure out how
to sew up the fabric pad on the bottom, which is filled with micro-
beads to allow the bottom pad to conform to your lap. The interior is
lined with felt.

She is quite pleased with it.

-Mark

Nicely done, Mark.

S.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...
Mark Blum has brought this to us :
I posted these pics over in A.B.P.W., but I since I wound up hosting
them on the web anyway I figured I'd post them here as well.

I made this lap desk as a gift for my wife:

http://home.mindspring.com/~hobbesct...Lap_Desk_1.jpg
http://home.mindspring.com/~hobbesct...Lap_Desk_2.jpg

It is made of maple. The finish is a dye stain and multiple coats of
shellac rubbed out to a satin finish. I even managed to figure out how
to sew up the fabric pad on the bottom, which is filled with micro-
beads to allow the bottom pad to conform to your lap. The interior is
lined with felt.

She is quite pleased with it.

-Mark

Nicely done, Mark.

S.

Thanks Samson.

Looking for broken lap tops. [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 December 21st 05 03:17 AM
pergola and lap joints Andrew Welham UK diy 8 April 4th 05 04:43 PM
SHAKER LAP DESK J T Woodworking 19 March 13th 05 03:52 PM
LAP DESK J T Woodworking 1 March 2nd 05 06:48 PM
Lap Desk Gerald Ross Woodworking 0 August 30th 04 05:45 PM