Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default spring project, 3axis router

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 02:35:24 -0400, "mike hide"
wrote:

This router project kept me out of mischief for a couple of months.For the
most part out of MDF and bits and pieces off of ebay......mjh

Interesting. What are you using as a controller? What software do
you use to drive it. And finally what software do you use to layout
parts?

Thanks

Chris
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mike hide wrote:
This router project kept me out of mischief for a couple of months.For the
most part out of MDF and bits and pieces off of ebay......mjh

Neat...those are a real time saver.
I have the plans in my shop for a table top unit from Rockliff,
http://www.rockcliffmachine.com/cnc.htm
I want to build the version with the larger table and flying gantry.

A friend of mine that sells kayak and small boat kits. He tripled his
sales the first year he had it.

--
Kevin

lindo745 (at) yahoo (dot) com
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

This router project kept me out of mischief for a couple of months.For the
most part out of MDF and bits and pieces off of ebay......mjh

Attached Thumbnails
spring project, 3axis router-p1020859-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020860.JPG (486.8 KB, 44 views)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

This router project kept me out of mischief for a couple of months.For

the
most part out of MDF and bits and pieces off of ebay......mjh

Interesting. What are you using as a controller? What software do
you use to drive it. And finally what software do you use to layout
parts?

Thanks

Chris

I built a "hobbycnc"electronic box which is a 4axis controller it includes
the hardware plus 4 stepper motors. I am using "mach3" software and also
"sheetcam" a two and a half axis software .

I Do the drawings in turbocad 6.5 [an old but cheap version available on
ebay]. The drawings are dxf drawings which are inserted into sheetcam which
in turn generates the "gcode"which in turn is inserted into mach3 which
controls the machine and makes the part in the initial drawing .

there is a site called the cnczone which has tons of great info on these
machines and great helpful people . try www.cnczone.com regards mjh