Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default How was this made?

The wood appears to be from a cut down 2x4. The nail is 3" long. It moves
easily through the center of the two internal "tenons".

Please excuse the ruler, it was the only small one I had.

Tin Woodsmn

Attached Thumbnails
How was this made?-wooden-puzzel-small-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

The wooden "knob" on the end where the nail that has the head was
steamed and soaked and squeezed far enough to allow drilling the
center two and dropping the nail in. Once the wood is released it
will return to its original shape. It doesn't work every time and
you will loose some. Nice when it works. I've made the small
ones, but my dad got be started, sent me one with a 60 penny spike
installed.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"TinWoodsmn" wrote in message
The wood appears to be from a cut down 2x4. The nail is 3" long.
It moves easily through the center of the two internal "tenons".

Please excuse the ruler, it was the only small one I had.

Tin Woodsmn

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"DanG" wrote in message
The wooden "knob" on the end where the nail that has the head was
steamed and soaked and squeezed far enough to allow drilling the
center two and dropping the nail in. Once the wood is released it
will return to its original shape.

That's the exotic way of doing it. Another way is to snap one of two of the
knobs off drill them, insert the nail and glue them back. Done properly, the
glue line is all but invisible.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote in message

That's the exotic way of doing it. Another way is to snap one of two of
the
knobs off drill them, insert the nail and glue them back. Done properly,
the
glue line is all but invisible.

That's is how I would do it.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Yeah, but my way will pass both ultraviolet and lie detector
testing. It is the same type adventure as the arrow through the
coke bottle.

--
______________________________

"Leon" wrote in message

"Upscale" wrote in message

That's the exotic way of doing it. Another way is to snap one
of two of the
knobs off drill them, insert the nail and glue them back. Done
properly, the
glue line is all but invisible.

That's is how I would do it.

Other advancements were also being made to improve the durability ofthe wristwatch. The faces were replace with ones made of synthetic plastic.This made them much more durable and resistant to breaking and cracking.Another advancement was in the dial wholesale2 Electronics Repair 0 April 19th 08 08:16 PM
I Made Art J T Woodworking 7 November 30th 07 10:10 PM
How to clean a stain off a machine made or hand made rug reviberation Home Repair 1 June 21st 07 08:03 PM
How It's Made J T Woodworking 30 February 17th 07 01:28 AM
Who made this IC? www.ChantCd.com Electronics 2 July 22nd 04 12:26 PM