Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
DanG DanG is offline

Default How was this made?

The wooden "knob" on the end where the nail that has the head was
steamed and soaked and squeezed far enough to allow drilling the
center two and dropping the nail in. Once the wood is released it
will return to its original shape. It doesn't work every time and
you will loose some. Nice when it works. I've made the small
ones, but my dad got be started, sent me one with a 60 penny spike
installed.

--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"TinWoodsmn" wrote in message
The wood appears to be from a cut down 2x4. The nail is 3" long.
It moves easily through the center of the two internal "tenons".

Please excuse the ruler, it was the only small one I had.

Tin Woodsmn