Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Painting plywood & poplar

Here are a couple of pictures of a bathroom vanity that I started building
as mentioned in my post in rec.woodworking.

Peter.

Attached Thumbnails
Painting plywood & poplar-dscf0006-jpg  Painting plywood & poplar-dscf0005-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Peter Bogiatzidis wrote:

Here are a couple of pictures of a bathroom vanity that I started building
as mentioned in my post in rec.woodworking.

Peter.

That does not look like poplar but it looks pretty clean. Make sure you
prime/seal it with any good product. Use a gloss finish so it can be wiped
down and cleaned easily. What are you using for the top?
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Peter Bogiatzidis" wrote in message
Here are a couple of pictures of a bathroom vanity that I started building
as mentioned in my post in rec.woodworking.

Peter.

Almost a shame to paint it. Looks like a good start, but I have a couple of
comments.

It should be lower. Sitting on the rail it will be difficult for kids, but
probably handy for you to wash your face.
Insulate the water pipes well to prevent freezing out there.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Our cabinet - painted

Sorry that black is such a hard color to photograph....
This is the best one out of 6 that I took.

Be sure to let us know what you decided to do and send photos of the results

Attached Thumbnails
Painting plywood & poplar-cab-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kate wrote:

Sorry that black is such a hard color to photograph....
This is the best one out of 6 that I took.

Be sure to let us know what you decided to do and send photos of the
results

Very nice. Looks really good in its setting.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

That black and blue go very well together, nice job.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
"Kate" wrote in message
.. .
Sorry that black is such a hard color to photograph....
This is the best one out of 6 that I took.

Be sure to let us know what you decided to do and send photos of the
results

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Thanks guys,

in person, it really DOES look great. The top is 1" black slate and the
floor is also black slate.
I still have to finish decorating the room, but the hard part is done.

My husband did a great job on the cabinet for someone who has a wife that
says "Honey, I want one that looks kind of like this, but a little like
that" and then he has to figure out what he's doing.

He does the hard part, layout and building.
I'm in charge of design and finish. We make a pretty good team.

Kate

"asmurff" wrote in message
That black and blue go very well together, nice job.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it.
If ya see it, it didn't go off.
Old Air Force Munitions Saying
IYAAYAS
"Kate" wrote in message
.. .
Sorry that black is such a hard color to photograph....
This is the best one out of 6 that I took.

Be sure to let us know what you decided to do and send photos of the
results

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Evodawg,

Face frame is Borg poplar with a carcass made from salvaged 11 ply (packing
crate as I was told) plywood given to me by a friend. I'm not sure what type
of wood the veneer is, but it certainly is very thin. Up close you can see
that there's definitely an outside and an inside veneer. One side looks like
luan and the other possibly oak. I'll have to see how it looks after priming
/sealing and decide whether or not to paint it. The reason being, that it
looks much nicer in the pictures than it does up close.

As for the top, I'm reusing a one-piece porcelain sink from a previous
remodel elsewhere.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Peter

"evodawg" wrote in message
Peter Bogiatzidis wrote:

Here are a couple of pictures of a bathroom vanity that I started
building
as mentioned in my post in rec.woodworking.

Peter.

That does not look like poplar but it looks pretty clean. Make sure you
prime/seal it with any good product. Use a gloss finish so it can be wiped
down and cleaned easily. What are you using for the top?
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Edwin,

I guess that means I'll have to build a step stool as well and maybe use PEX
tubing since it can expand 100 times its size before it bursts.

The pictures make it look better than it does up close. After priming /
sealing, I'll have to see how it looks. I'm not sure how easy it would be to
match the poplar face frame to the sides if I go with a natural or stained
finish.

Thank you for your comments.

Peter.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
t...

"Peter Bogiatzidis" wrote in message
Here are a couple of pictures of a bathroom vanity that I started
building as mentioned in my post in rec.woodworking.

Peter.

Almost a shame to paint it. Looks like a good start, but I have a couple
of comments.

It should be lower. Sitting on the rail it will be difficult for kids,
but probably handy for you to wash your face.
Insulate the water pipes well to prevent freezing out there.

Painting plywood & poplar Peter Bogiatzidis Woodworking 6 April 25th 08 03:48 PM
New Poplar Plywood at the orange borg dteckie Woodworking 0 September 5th 06 11:10 AM
Poplar Plywood=NFG RayV Woodworking 0 August 26th 06 06:56 PM
painting plywood alexy Woodworking 5 August 25th 06 05:09 PM
Painting Plywood Need some help Iowa883 Home Repair 22 March 3rd 05 03:20 PM