Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Finished Flat Screen TV Cabinet

Just finished this cabinet, thought I'd post a pick of it. I built a longer
one for a Master Bedroom which I'll post pics of in a few days. Lotta
white.

Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Attached Thumbnails
Finished Flat Screen TV Cabinet-finished_cab-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

very nice job
on the doors did you put beaded panels in?
or did you put the bead in yourself?
if you put the bead in yourself did you use a moulding head or just a kerf
from a dado blade or saw blade
thanx
howard

"evodawg" wrote in message
Just finished this cabinet, thought I'd post a pick of it. I built a
longer
one for a Master Bedroom which I'll post pics of in a few days. Lotta
white.

Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Great Job, lots of work........
Only thing wrong with it, its not in my house.......
I have some cabinets to build also in my front room.
Been too busy with regular work though....
nice work.
jloomis
"evodawg" wrote in message
Just finished this cabinet, thought I'd post a pick of it. I built a
longer
one for a Master Bedroom which I'll post pics of in a few days. Lotta
white.

Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Howard Kowall wrote:

very nice job
on the doors did you put beaded panels in?
or did you put the bead in yourself?
if you put the bead in yourself did you use a moulding head or just a kerf
from a dado blade or saw blade
thanx
howard

There's a 1/2" rabbit on the backside of doors. The louvers or shutters are
1/4" x 2-1/8" popular plywood pieces stacked, to look like shutters. It's
something I came up with on the fly and it seems to work and look really
good.

Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Very nice.
Just to put a scale to it , what size is the TV ?
Also ,why is the base asymetrical.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Scorpion wrote:

Very nice.
Just to put a scale to it , what size is the TV ?
Also ,why is the base asymetrical.

TV I believe is 52" across. The opening is 59" What do you mean
asymmetrical? The niche area had a raised base so I had to build the base
trim higher to cover that area and start the first shelf.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 03:48:27 GMT, evodawg wrote:

TV I believe is 52" across. The opening is 59" What do you mean
asymmetrical?

I guess it was a misperception on my part. I thought the large base at
the bottom of the picture was part of the cabinet.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Scorpion wrote:

On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 03:48:27 GMT, evodawg wrote:

TV I believe is 52" across. The opening is 59" What do you mean
asymmetrical?

I guess it was a misperception on my part. I thought the large base at
the bottom of the picture was part of the cabinet.

That's actually part of the fireplace hearth. To the left of the cabinet is
a fireplace.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Just finished a hardware storage cabinet Mark Blum Woodworking 11 March 22nd 06 08:25 PM
Slightly OT - Cleaning Finished Oak Baseboard & Cabinet Bases RonB Woodworking 0 September 7th 05 10:43 PM
Flat Screen tv lifts dwolf Woodworking 4 January 25th 05 10:14 PM
NEC Flat screen NSM Electronics Repair 1 December 15th 04 12:16 AM
Hanging big flat screen TVs John Smith UK diy 6 November 3rd 04 11:39 AM