RonB

Default Slightly OT - Cleaning Finished Oak Baseboard & Cabinet Bases

We have been in our house for 6 years and some of the laquer-finished trim
needs attention. These are areas where scrubbing of adjacent oak or vinyl
floors has dulled or even removed some of the finish,and it needs to be
touched up. We also have a cabinet base that need some attention. 95% of
our wood finish still looks great but 5% needs to be touched up.

I have test-repaired a few areas by lightly buffing with fine steel wool or
400 grit sandpaper; and wiping on poly. This approach lets me clean up
dulled finish but not get into the stain. The result looks great and
matches.

QUESTION: These cabinets and base areas have been cleaned exclusively with
Murphy's oil soap or Minwax wood floor cleaner. What is the best cleaner
that will easily remove residue of such cleaners?

Trying to keep it as simple as practical and still get a good result. Thanks
in advance.

RonB