Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Remote kill switch for Nova DVR

Here are the pictures for the procedure in RC Woodturning.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Four is certainly an odd number of
arms for a man to have.

Attached Thumbnails
Remote kill switch for Nova DVR-lathe-wiring-sm-jpg  Remote kill switch for Nova DVR-lathe-switch-wires-sm-jpg  Remote kill switch for Nova DVR-lathe-switch-wired-sm-jpg  Remote kill switch for Nova DVR-lathe-switch-box-sm-jpg  Remote kill switch for Nova DVR-lathe-switch-knob-sm-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 09:00:46 -0500, Gerald Ross wrote:

Here are the pictures for the procedure in RC Woodturning.

Holy crap! you dissected the sucker, Gerald...

I'd screw something up, for sure.. and void the warranty on a brand new lathe..
Where'd you learn that stuff, Gerald?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mac davis wrote:
On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 09:00:46 -0500, Gerald Ross wrote:

Here are the pictures for the procedure in RC Woodturning.

Holy crap! you dissected the sucker, Gerald...

I'd screw something up, for sure.. and void the warranty on a brand new lathe..
Where'd you learn that stuff, Gerald?

mac

Well, I had dissection in gross Anatomy, but I'm a self-taught
tinkerer. Finished up a bowl this morning but didn't have to use the
panic button. I used it anyway, just for practice.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 14:00:09 -0500, Gerald Ross wrote:

mac davis wrote:
On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 09:00:46 -0500, Gerald Ross wrote:

Here are the pictures for the procedure in RC Woodturning.

Holy crap! you dissected the sucker, Gerald...

I'd screw something up, for sure.. and void the warranty on a brand new lathe..
Where'd you learn that stuff, Gerald?

mac

Well, I had dissection in gross Anatomy, but I'm a self-taught
tinkerer. Finished up a bowl this morning but didn't have to use the
panic button. I used it anyway, just for practice.

I just don't have the courage to open up my panel like that..
I really prefer the magnetic off switch, though.. I use one on both of the Jet
lathes..
Very handy to have when you're coring and bog down... both hands busy but all
you need is a hip or elbow to hit the remote switch..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message

I just don't have the courage to open up my panel like that..
I really prefer the magnetic off switch, though.. I use one on both of the
Jet
lathes..
Very handy to have when you're coring and bog down... both hands busy but
all
you need is a hip or elbow to hit the remote switch..

When you cut power at the panel or the plug, the lathe stops. Wire your
panic push-button to the plug. That way you don't have to take anything
apart save the wiring box. Use full-gage wires, since when this switch is
"made," it will be carrying the current to the motor. Or actually to the
switch on the motor, which is sort of the same.

Don't make the button location too convenient. I'm almost five months in
with my new saw, and since I stand to the right, out of the throw zone, as
with turning, I bump the kill with my hip if I lean. Thinking of moving it
a bit outboard by boring some new holes in the Bies.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:17:22 GMT, "George" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message

[...]

I do have an emergency shut off, George.. I think I asked you a few weeks ago if
it would hurt anything?

It's just a plastic box like you'd use in home wiring, with a pigtail with plug
for the lathe, a simple button switch and a cord for the outlet...
It's got a large rare earth magnet pop riveted to it so it sticks where ever you
put it..

2 things that I like about Gerald's setup is that it deals with the Stop button
and it's low voltage, so the wire can be more flexible that the 115v wire that
my switch uses..