Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Potting Table for SWMBO

We had some 1'x1' granite tiles left from a previous project and SWMBO wanted to salvage those. One of the ideas was a potting table for her gardening hobby. All the supporting wood is white oak and the other parts are cedar. There are no fancy joints - all the parts were glued together and heavy dowel pins were added later for mechanical support. The drilling holes for the dowels were then covered with plugs.

I was concerned for the exposed end grains in the vertical beams and added small roof tops for them.

The grid under the tables was done from white oak and the paper towel beam locking is done with a magnet.

Some details for the drawers

Some other details

Cheers, Ollie

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

The table is very nice. I like reusing the tile from another project, it could easily be use in many different rolls.

--
Mike
Watch for the bounce.
"Ollie" olivili at hot mail dot c o m wrote in message . ..
We had some 1'x1' granite tiles left from a previous project and SWMBO wanted to salvage those. One of the ideas was a potting table for her gardening hobby. All the supporting wood is white oak and the other parts are cedar. There are no fancy joints - all the parts were glued together and heavy dowel pins were added later for mechanical support. The drilling holes for the dowels were then covered with plugs.

I was concerned for the exposed end grains in the vertical beams and added small roof tops for them.

The grid under the tables was done from white oak and the paper towel beam locking is done with a magnet.

Some details for the drawers

Some other details

Cheers, Ollie
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Ollie" olivili at hot mail dot c o m wrote:

We had some 1'x1' granite tiles left from a previous project and SWMBO
wanted to salvage those. One of the ideas was a potting table for her
gardening hobby. All the supporting wood is white oak and the other parts
are cedar. There are no fancy joints - all the parts were glued together
and heavy dowel pins were added later for mechanical support. The
drilling holes for the dowels were then covered with plugs.

I was concerned for the exposed end grains in the vertical beams and added
small roof tops for them.

....snip

Very nice. I really like the handles

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Potting Table for SWMBO - oak handles

Thanks Mark & Juanita,

Perhaps you have an answer for one of the woodworking mysteries. I made the
handles from raw material after processing it with
- jointer
- planer
- cabinet saw
- pen (free hand)
- band saw
- shaper
- steel wool

The mystery is in the last step. Sometimes the wood becomes very shiny with
fine steel wool, but not always.

Cheers, Ollie

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
"Ollie" olivili at hot mail dot c o m wrote:

We had some 1'x1' granite tiles left from a previous project and SWMBO
wanted to salvage those. One of the ideas was a potting table for her
gardening hobby. All the supporting wood is white oak and the other
parts
are cedar. There are no fancy joints - all the parts were glued
together
and heavy dowel pins were added later for mechanical support. The
drilling holes for the dowels were then covered with plugs.

I was concerned for the exposed end grains in the vertical beams and
added
small roof tops for them.

...snip

Very nice. I really like the handles

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Ollie" wrote in message

We had some 1'x1' granite tiles left from a previous project and SWMBO

wanted to salvage those.

The grid under the tables was done from white oak and the paper towel beam

locking is done with a magnet.

Work of _art_, not a pottery table ... well done.

Here's another, SWBO inspired, use for those 1' x 1' granite tiles:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/Trivets6.jpg

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/20/07

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

"Ollie" wrote in message

We had some 1'x1' granite tiles left from a previous project and SWMBO

wanted to salvage those.

The grid under the tables was done from white oak and the paper towel beam

locking is done with a magnet.

Work of _art_, not a pottery table ... well done.

Here's another, SWBO inspired, use for those 1' x 1' granite tiles:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/Trivets6.jpg

Are those for the Scary Dull system?

- Owen -

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

You realize this is way too gorgeous to actually use for potting, don't
you? :-)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Ollie" olivili at hot mail dot c o m wrote in message news:
We had some 1'x1' granite tiles left from a previous project and SWMBO
wanted to salvage those. One of the ideas was a potting table for her
gardening hobby. All the supporting wood is white oak and the other parts
are cedar. There are no fancy joints - all the parts were glued together
and heavy dowel pins were added later for mechanical support. The drilling
holes for the dowels were then covered with plugs.

..

It can also serve as a nice cart next to the grill.