Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Bahahaha...Lambs tongues

Further progress on the Pencil post bed.
Lambs tongues are just one of those things you need to do by hand. It
takes a while to do cut 32 of them but it's very satisfying to see the
result.
Next step the rails.

Kevin

lindo745 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Attached Thumbnails
Bahahaha...Lambs tongues-lambstong1-jpg  Bahahaha...Lambs tongues-lmbstongs4-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Kevin" wrote
Lambs tongues are just one of those things you need to do by hand.

Beautiful!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/30/07

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kevin wrote:
Further progress on the Pencil post bed.
Lambs tongues are just one of those things you need to do by hand. It
takes a while to do cut 32 of them but it's very satisfying to see the
result.
Next step the rails.

Kevin

Homer voice

Mmmmm.... CHERRY.....

/Homer

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kevin wrote:
Further progress on the Pencil post bed.
Lambs tongues are just one of those things you need to do by hand.

Nice tongues! Excellent work. I also find those parts of a job
extremely satisfying.

Have you ever tried to explain to someone who thinks they're the same as
a stopped router cut why they have to be hand cut?

It's an adventure. G
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

B A R R Y wrote:
Nice tongues! Excellent work. I also find those parts of a job
extremely satisfying.

Have you ever tried to explain to someone who thinks they're the same as
a stopped router cut why they have to be hand cut?

It's an adventure. G

Thanks.
I haven't had to explain that but I have been asked how are you sure
they are all exactly the same. I then separate two of them by 4 feet and
ask, "can you see any difference?.
That works with turnings as well.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Steve Turner wrote:

Homer voice

Mmmmm.... CHERRY.....

/Homer

Yes cherry is tasty...ain't it.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Kevin wrote:

I haven't had to explain that but I have been asked how are you sure
they are all exactly the same. I then separate two of them by 4 feet and
ask, "can you see any difference?.
That works with turnings as well.

I know that conversation.

I think the answer originally struck me as I was drinking beer and
staring at an antique side-by-side in my living room. It's a beautiful
piece, but the more time I studied it, the more differing details I
found among "identical" parts. Then, I found an old staircase...

Of course, the average person (my wife) doesn't get as excited about
noticing these things as we might. G

Don't forget to post finished photos!