DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bahahaha...Lambs tongues (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/217124-bahahaha-lambs-tongues.html)

Kevin October 10th 07 06:32 PM

Bahahaha...Lambs tongues

2 Attachment(s)
Further progress on the Pencil post bed.
Lambs tongues are just one of those things you need to do by hand. It
takes a while to do cut 32 of them but it's very satisfying to see the
result.
Next step the rails.

Kevin

lindo745 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Swingman October 10th 07 06:59 PM

Bahahaha...Lambs tongues

"Kevin" wrote
Lambs tongues are just one of those things you need to do by hand.

Beautiful!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/30/07

Steve Turner October 10th 07 07:15 PM

Bahahaha...Lambs tongues

Kevin wrote:
Further progress on the Pencil post bed.
Lambs tongues are just one of those things you need to do by hand. It
takes a while to do cut 32 of them but it's very satisfying to see the
result.
Next step the rails.

Kevin

Homer voice

Mmmmm.... CHERRY.....

/Homer

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

B A R R Y October 11th 07 12:14 PM

Bahahaha...Lambs tongues

Kevin wrote:
Further progress on the Pencil post bed.
Lambs tongues are just one of those things you need to do by hand.

Nice tongues! Excellent work. I also find those parts of a job
extremely satisfying.

Have you ever tried to explain to someone who thinks they're the same as
a stopped router cut why they have to be hand cut?

It's an adventure. G

Kevin October 11th 07 11:47 PM

Bahahaha...Lambs tongues

B A R R Y wrote:
Nice tongues! Excellent work. I also find those parts of a job
extremely satisfying.

Have you ever tried to explain to someone who thinks they're the same as
a stopped router cut why they have to be hand cut?

It's an adventure. G

Thanks.
I haven't had to explain that but I have been asked how are you sure
they are all exactly the same. I then separate two of them by 4 feet and
ask, "can you see any difference?.
That works with turnings as well.

Kevin October 11th 07 11:49 PM

Bahahaha...Lambs tongues

Steve Turner wrote:

Homer voice

Mmmmm.... CHERRY.....

/Homer

Yes cherry is tasty...ain't it.

B A R R Y October 12th 07 12:08 PM

Bahahaha...Lambs tongues

Kevin wrote:

I haven't had to explain that but I have been asked how are you sure
they are all exactly the same. I then separate two of them by 4 feet and
ask, "can you see any difference?.
That works with turnings as well.

I know that conversation.

I think the answer originally struck me as I was drinking beer and
staring at an antique side-by-side in my living room. It's a beautiful
piece, but the more time I studied it, the more differing details I
found among "identical" parts. Then, I found an old staircase...

Of course, the average person (my wife) doesn't get as excited about
noticing these things as we might. G

Don't forget to post finished photos!