Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Secret door

The next play, an Agatha Christie mystery, requires a secret door. I
put this one together today. The director's brief was a bit vague on
which way the door was to open so I made it so it was a minimum of
effort to rehang the other way. I had to use the stripey fabric on the
side to allow for the swing of the shelves, it will be painted to match
the walls and from 8 meters away it will look solid.

The pivot point is a bolt with extra large washers at the top and just
a long screw to swivel on at the bottom. I'll see how that works in
rehearsal, but it seems to be fine atm. It will need extra bracing to
'firm up' the sides but that will be easily acomplished with the
adjoining flats.

All was fun to do until I whacked my thumb with my hammer!

Mekon