Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Secret door

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:06:54 -0500, "Kate" wrote:

I've always wanted a secret hiding spot in my house.
Maybe someday I'll have a house big enough to make one.

There's something about secret spaces that has intrigued me since I was just
a little Kate

K.

I've got one designed for our house, just have to buy the wood and build it..
lol

Basically, it's a bookcase in a corner of the great room... I was going to fill
it with 2 "normal" bookcases, but decided that we could pick up a little storage
space by making it a 2' x 3' x 8' high "box" with bookshelves on the 2 outer
sides and the back for storage shelves...
I'm thinking small castors, mostly hidden by the footboard... roll it out when
ya need to but stays hidden the rest of the time..

Storage is a huge problem for us since we moved, because the Mexican floor plans
are really open and bright, but you pretty much see everything in the place..

We had a 1,400 sf house in the states, plus a 2 car garage...
Our house here is 1,600 sf, including the shop..

The difference is the new house is 2 bedroom 2 bath and the old one was 3
bedroom, 2 bath with a den.. LOTS more closets and things to store stuff..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing