Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Kitchen drywall & floor repair (7 photos JPG)

Photos for discussion at
pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.building.construction, misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Subj: Kitchen drywall & floor repair

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Sammy bin Snoozin" wrote in message news:L2QLi.8208$Ww5.2310@trnddc03...
Photos for discussion at
pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.building.construction, misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Subj: Kitchen drywall & floor repair

Attached Thumbnails
Kitchen drywall & floor repair (7 photos JPG)-view1-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Sammy bin Snoozin" wrote in message news:L2QLi.8208$Ww5.2310@trnddc03...
Photos for discussion at
pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.building.construction, misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Subj: Kitchen drywall & floor repair

Attached Thumbnails
Kitchen drywall & floor repair (7 photos JPG)-view2-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Sammy bin Snoozin" wrote in message news:L2QLi.8208$Ww5.2310@trnddc03...
Photos for discussion at
pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.building.construction, misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Subj: Kitchen drywall & floor repair

Attached Thumbnails
Kitchen drywall & floor repair (7 photos JPG)-view3-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Sammy bin Snoozin" wrote in message news:L2QLi.8208$Ww5.2310@trnddc03...
Photos for discussion at
pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.building.construction, misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Subj: Kitchen drywall & floor repair

Attached Thumbnails
Kitchen drywall & floor repair (7 photos JPG)-view4-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Sammy bin Snoozin" wrote in message news:L2QLi.8208$Ww5.2310@trnddc03...
Photos for discussion at
pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.building.construction, misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Subj: Kitchen drywall & floor repair

Attached Thumbnails
Kitchen drywall & floor repair (7 photos JPG)-view5-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Sammy bin Snoozin" wrote in message news:L2QLi.8208$Ww5.2310@trnddc03...
Photos for discussion at
pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.building.construction, misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Subj: Kitchen drywall & floor repair

Attached Thumbnails
Kitchen drywall & floor repair (7 photos JPG)-view6-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Sammy bin Snoozin" wrote in message news:L2QLi.8208$Ww5.2310@trnddc03...
Photos for discussion at
pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.building.construction, misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Subj: Kitchen drywall & floor repair

Attached Thumbnails
Kitchen drywall & floor repair (7 photos JPG)-view7-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

view1 - view of all damaged wall/floor with floor removed
view2 - close up where wall meets floor
view3 - wall with some drywall removed
view4 - piece of drywall swung out from wall. clean except for what looks like powdery white deposits running horizontal and vertical. they don't line up with the pipes or anything - maybe it's drywall material coming thru?
view5 - close up of view4
view6 - piece of drywall near floor - outside
view7 - same piece - inside

"Sammy bin Snoozin" wrote in message news:L2QLi.8208$Ww5.2310@trnddc03...
Photos for discussion at
pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.building.construction, misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Subj: Kitchen drywall & floor repair

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Looks like a reall mess!
You might consider washing the studs with a bleach solution when you get
them exposed then treating them with boric acid to help prevent rot.
I know the bleach works, the other is just somehting that I read... might be
worth a dry.
Luckily drywall is pretty easy to replace as long as your structure is
sound.

Kate

"Sammy bin Snoozin" wrote in message
Photos for discussion at
pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.building.construction, misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Subj: Kitchen drywall & floor repair

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Thanks, Kate! Yes, it's a mess all right, but up close and personal it looks worse than it really is. I'll take your advice on the bleach and hose it down good and scrub where I can get to. I'll check out the boric acid too. Maybe a coat or two of shellac might be good too, since the wall and floor are open. I guess if I had been behind the kitchen counter for 45 years I'd probably look like this too! :OD

"Kate" wrote in message .. .
Looks like a reall mess!
You might consider washing the studs with a bleach solution when you get
them exposed then treating them with boric acid to help prevent rot.
I know the bleach works, the other is just somehting that I read... might be
worth a dry.
Luckily drywall is pretty easy to replace as long as your structure is
sound.

Kate

"Sammy bin Snoozin" wrote in message
Photos for discussion at
pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.building.construction, misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Subj: Kitchen drywall & floor repair

Photos in Dropbox (was Gilding Lilies: Goldenrod Repair) Pete Keillor Metalworking 0 July 20th 07 12:40 AM
Drywall Repair SBH Home Repair 3 January 16th 07 03:51 AM
Cherry kitchen island...almost done (photos) bob Woodworking 12 September 11th 06 05:52 PM
Drywall out on kitchen... totally ripped apart-- wish list Jack Home Repair 6 April 28th 06 06:34 PM
Kitchen drywall installation dman67 Home Repair 9 April 22nd 06 12:49 AM