DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kitchen drywall & floor repair (7 photos JPG) (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/216118-kitchen-drywall-floor-repair-7-photos-jpg.html)

Sammy bin Snoozin September 30th 07 05:22 PM

Kitchen drywall & floor repair (7 photos JPG)

Photos for discussion at
pdaxs.services.plumbing,alt.building.construction, misc.rural,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Subj: Kitchen drywall & floor repair

Sammy bin Snoozin September 30th 07 05:23 PM

Kitchen drywall & floor repair (7 photos JPG)

1 Attachment(s)

Sammy bin Snoozin September 30th 07 05:38 PM

Kitchen drywall & floor repair (7 photos JPG)

view1 - view of all damaged wall/floor with floor removed
view2 - close up where wall meets floor
view3 - wall with some drywall removed
view4 - piece of drywall swung out from wall. clean except for what looks like powdery white deposits running horizontal and vertical. they don't line up with the pipes or anything - maybe it's drywall material coming thru?
view5 - close up of view4
view6 - piece of drywall near floor - outside
view7 - same piece - inside

Kate October 4th 07 06:54 PM

Kitchen drywall & floor repair (7 photos JPG)

Looks like a reall mess!
You might consider washing the studs with a bleach solution when you get
them exposed then treating them with boric acid to help prevent rot.
I know the bleach works, the other is just somehting that I read... might be
worth a dry.
Luckily drywall is pretty easy to replace as long as your structure is
sound.

Kate