Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Little barn update: Cupola

The problem that I was trying to solve with this modular design is that I
did not want to hire a crane to mount the cupola (built entirely on the
ground). I also did not want to have to "build" it up on the peak of a
12-pitch roof. The solution was to fabricate subassemblies light enough to
carry up to the roof that were fairly simple to pull together.

FWIW, this was my first experience with metal roofing and it came together
really quickly. Having the dip edge already installed, and the panels
pre-drilled for fasteners, it took us a day an a half to install all the
roofing + cupola with 2 men.

regards,

Steve

Attached Thumbnails
Little barn update: Cupola-p1010013-jpg  Little barn update: Cupola-p1010014-jpg  Little barn update: Cupola-p1010024-jpg  Little barn update: Cupola-p1010026-jpg  Little barn update: Cupola-p1010006-jpg

Little barn update: Cupola-9-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010025.JPG (61.7 KB, 45 views)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

The perfect addition.