DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Little barn update: Cupola (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking-plans-photos/215793-little-barn-update-cupola.html)

C & S September 27th 07 10:39 AM

Little barn update: Cupola

7 Attachment(s)
The problem that I was trying to solve with this modular design is that I
did not want to hire a crane to mount the cupola (built entirely on the
ground). I also did not want to have to "build" it up on the peak of a
12-pitch roof. The solution was to fabricate subassemblies light enough to
carry up to the roof that were fairly simple to pull together.

FWIW, this was my first experience with metal roofing and it came together
really quickly. Having the dip edge already installed, and the panels
pre-drilled for fasteners, it took us a day an a half to install all the
roofing + cupola with 2 men.

regards,

Steve

Leon September 28th 07 01:48 PM