Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Boxes for remains - 3 attachments

These ate two boxes I made that, although they weren't originally intended
for it, became the resting place for my mom's (box1, the larger of the
two), and my uncle's remains after they were creamated.

Attached Thumbnails
Boxes for remains - 3 attachments-box2-jpg  Boxes for remains - 3 attachments-box1-jpg  Boxes for remains - 3 attachments-box1top-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 07:25:42 GMT, Smaug Ichorfang
wrote:

These ate two boxes I made that, although they weren't originally intended
for it, became the resting place for my mom's (box1, the larger of the
two), and my uncle's remains after they were creamated.

Very nice! I'm sure that they would feel honored to get such a nice
resting place.

About how big are they?

Bob the Tomato
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Bob the Tomato wrote in
:

wrote:

These ate two boxes I made that, although they weren't originally
intended for it, became the resting place for my mom's (box1, the
larger of the two), and my uncle's remains after they were creamated.

Very nice! I'm sure that they would feel honored to get such a nice
resting place.

About how big are they?

Thanks for the nice words. I'm not sure exactly (don't have the boxes
anymore). The small box was made from redwood 1x4 and the top insert was
about 4x12 (I guess that would make it about 4x6x13 or so). The large box
was made from redwood 1x6 and the top insert was 8x12 (6x10x13?).

Several years ago (Feb '98), Woodcraft had a "Back of the Rack" sale. I
ordered several "high figure" redwood burl slabs. I cut them to aprox.
1/4" and bookmatched most. These (and some of the non-bookmatched) went
into box tops. The figuring was *supurb*! A friend commented that the
tops looked like "they had flames dancing in them". I also was able to buy
some unusual stuff from these sales. Wish Woodcraft would bring this back!