Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Power Tools For my Birthday

My wife is a quilter and for my birthday made me a small sampler quilt and
gave me 6 hand power tools.

Attached Thumbnails
Power Tools For my Birthday-dscf0027-small-jpg  Power Tools For my Birthday-dscf0024-small-jpg  Power Tools For my Birthday-dscf0026-small-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

No pictures of the tools????

Leon wrote:
My wife is a quilter and for my birthday made me a small sampler quilt and
gave me 6 hand power tools.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Leon wrote:
| My wife is a quilter and for my birthday made me a small sampler
| quilt and gave me 6 hand power tools.

Interesting! How did she get the tool images onto the squares? I like
the power cord print (I have a box just like it in the back of my
shop!)

Hmm i if you haven't already, it might be time to build a quilting
frame. :-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Leon wrote:
| My wife is a quilter and for my birthday made me a small sampler
| quilt and gave me 6 hand power tools.

Interesting! How did she get the tool images onto the squares? I like
the power cord print (I have a box just like it in the back of my
shop!)

Hmm i if you haven't already, it might be time to build a quilting
frame. :-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mapdude" wrote in message
No pictures of the tools????

Look Closer! ;~)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Leon wrote:
| My wife is a quilter and for my birthday made me a small sampler
| quilt and gave me 6 hand power tools.

Interesting! How did she get the tool images onto the squares? I like
the power cord print (I have a box just like it in the back of my
shop!)

At Christmas I bought her a bunch of material. A couple of pieces were
loaded with pictures of power tools and one had the power cords. She cut
out the images out and appliqued them on to the quilt.

Hmm i if you haven't already, it might be time to build a quilting
frame. :-)

She is long past that, she got a Long Arm sewing machine 2 summers ago. I
did build a large cabinet to house the machine and its tracks, poles, and
brackets and IIRC it also had 8 or 9 drawers.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

I saw the stuff on the quilt, I was asking about pictures of the real
tools to compare them to.

Leon wrote:

"mapdude" wrote in message

No pictures of the tools????

Look Closer! ;~)

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Leon wrote:
My wife is a quilter and for my birthday made me a small sampler quilt and
gave me 6 hand power tools.

That's really cool and original.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 20:58:27 GMT, "Leon" wrote:

My wife is a quilter and for my birthday made me a small sampler quilt and
gave me 6 hand power tools.

Happy Birthday, Leon..

I saw the pictures of the frame that you built a while back but haven't had the
opportunity to see your wife's work yet.. She's very talented..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message

Happy Birthday, Leon..

I saw the pictures of the frame that you built a while back but haven't
had the
opportunity to see your wife's work yet.. She's very talented..

Thank you Mac, and I'll tell my wife.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message

I saw the pictures of the frame that you built a while back but haven't

had the
opportunity to see your wife's work yet.. She's very talented..

I've seen a few more examples of her quilting that'll knock your socks off.
Makes most of us wooddorker's efforts look like amateurs as far as
artisanship ... and, you don't want to sit to her left in a game of Canasta
either. DAMHIKT.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/8/07

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:47:53 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message

I saw the pictures of the frame that you built a while back but haven't

had the
opportunity to see your wife's work yet.. She's very talented..

I've seen a few more examples of her quilting that'll knock your socks off.
Makes most of us wooddorker's efforts look like amateurs as far as
artisanship ... and, you don't want to sit to her left in a game of Canasta
either. DAMHIKT.

What are socks???

Sorry, it's a Baja thing..lol

My brother was a jet mechanic and during his training he worked in the
upholstery shop for a while..
He got a life-long interest in sewing and fabric there... says running a sewing
machine is just like a scroll saw.. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message

I saw the pictures of the frame that you built a while back but haven't

had the
opportunity to see your wife's work yet.. She's very talented..

I've seen a few more examples of her quilting that'll knock your socks off.
Makes most of us wooddorker's efforts look like amateurs as far as
artisanship ... and, you don't want to sit to her left in a game of Canasta
either. DAMHIKT.

What are socks???

Socks are those black leg coverings that go all the way up to your
knees, most commonly worn with black shoes, shorts, and a button-up shirt.

;-)

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message

I saw the pictures of the frame that you built a while back but haven't
had the
opportunity to see your wife's work yet.. She's very talented..
I've seen a few more examples of her quilting that'll knock your socks off.
Makes most of us wooddorker's efforts look like amateurs as far as
artisanship ... and, you don't want to sit to her left in a game of Canasta
either. DAMHIKT.

What are socks???

Socks are those black leg coverings that go all the way up to your
knees, most commonly worn with black shoes, shorts, and a button-up shirt.

;-)

Ahh...
I've seen a variation of that here in tourist season...
New white running shoes, high black socks, cargo shorts and luau shirt...
Usually topped of with a "I've been to San Felipe" t-shirt a few sizes too small
and a "Baja California" bush hat....
Just a stunning display.... rofl

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message

[...]

You can usually pick a Pommy tourist from a mile away in Oz. White
socks, sandals, bermuda shorts.

My day to day wear consists of navy blue shorts, T shirt, Blundstone
boots, and pushed down black socks.

regards
John

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 08:18:52 +0800, John B ""johntoymaker\"@large puddle.com"
wrote:

You can usually pick a Pommy tourist from a mile away in Oz. White
socks, sandals, bermuda shorts.

My day to day wear consists of navy blue shorts, T shirt, Blundstone
boots, and pushed down black socks.

regards
John

Sounds right spiffy, John... especially the black socks...

I pretty much live in t-shirts and shorts... shoes if needed..

Of course, when we go out, I don the "uniform" of non-shop shorts, light weight
shirt, shoes and socks... 'bout as dressed up as I get now after all the years
of putting a suit on every day..

BTW: I still have your email... it's on the list of "gotta get around to
replying" ones... *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

You're one lucky fella!
It kinda looks like she may like you... just a little bit.. aye?

--
Kate
______

The shortest distance between two points,
can be a lot more fun in a Jeep!

"Leon" wrote in message
My wife is a quilter and for my birthday made me a small sampler quilt and
gave me 6 hand power tools.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

wrote:

You can usually pick a Pommy tourist from a mile away in Oz. White
socks, sandals, bermuda shorts.

My day to day wear consists of navy blue shorts, T shirt, Blundstone
boots, and pushed down black socks.

regards
John

Sounds right spiffy, John... especially the black socks...

I pretty much live in t-shirts and shorts... shoes if needed..

Of course, when we go out, I don the "uniform" of non-shop shorts, light weight
shirt, shoes and socks... 'bout as dressed up as I get now after all the years
of putting a suit on every day..

BTW: I still have your email... it's on the list of "gotta get around to
replying" ones... *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Yea Mac, it's pretty good being able to dress (light) After wearing a
uniform most of my working life I don't really put much effort into
dressing up these days.
Most of my clothes go through a three stage cycle.
1) Going out
2) Shed/working
3) Rag bag or Bin

Regards
John
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"John B" wrote

Most of my clothes go through a three stage cycle.
1) Going out
2) Shed/working
3) Rag bag or Bin

Maximum utilization of resources ... satisfying, when you use a beloved old
t-shirt, now reduced to the rag bin, to spread stain on a project that you
just know, because of the care you took in the joinery, will be still around
in a hundred years.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/08/07

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 19:23:53 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"John B" wrote

Most of my clothes go through a three stage cycle.
1) Going out
2) Shed/working
3) Rag bag or Bin

Maximum utilization of resources ... satisfying, when you use a beloved old
t-shirt, now reduced to the rag bin, to spread stain on a project that you
just know, because of the care you took in the joinery, will be still around
in a hundred years.

I don't have nearly that skill level, my stuff might be in someone's attic in a
year or so...... but it's not a bad feeling using an old t-shirt to put oil on a
turning or snap it at a shop kitty..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Kate" wrote in message
. ..
You're one lucky fella!

I'll agree. ;~)

It kinda looks like she may like you... just a little bit.. aye?

She still does, after all these years. We met 30 years ago last July.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
"John B" wrote

Most of my clothes go through a three stage cycle.
1) Going out
2) Shed/working
3) Rag bag or Bin

Maximum utilization of resources ... satisfying, when you use a beloved old
t-shirt, now reduced to the rag bin, to spread stain on a project that you
just know, because of the care you took in the joinery, will be still around
in a hundred years.

Feels pretty good doing that, the surprises are sometimes worth it to.
My wife keeps the cycle revolving, and when rummaging for a rag it's not
unusual to come across along lost favourite T. (So, that's where that
went to !!)

regards
John
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"John B" wrote in message

My wife keeps the cycle revolving, and when rummaging for a rag it's not
unusual to come across along lost favourite T. (So, that's where that went
to !!)

When it comes to t-shirts, wifely types often have opposing ideas on what
constitutes a "rag".

Some new, but ill purchased, t-shirts are "rags" before they're out of the
package ... and holes/tears must be judged individually and do not
necessarily a "rag" make.

Alas, my favorite t-shirts are longer available on earth, "Polo pocket
Tee's" of 2004 vintage, so the twenty I bought about three years ago will
have to become pretty pitiful to reach rag status. They have just the right
combination of pocket, overall fit, comfort, and weight, even in their
advancing thread bareness.

A viral pox on Sam's management for no longer carrying them.

I was hoping HD's "Big Smith" Pocket - tees" would be a suitable
replacement, but the four I bought online just last week gained immediate
"rag" status with the first one worn.

Buying the right pocket t-shirt is like choosing a wife ... there are
subtleties involved that only become apparent with familiarity/use, and a
good deal of luck, and trial and error, is often necessary.

The quest continues ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/08/07

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 21:49:54 GMT, "Leon" wrote:

"Kate" wrote in message
You're one lucky fella!

I'll agree. ;~)

It kinda looks like she may like you... just a little bit.. aye?

She still does, after all these years. We met 30 years ago last July.

In pre-school, right? ;-]

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 09:09:53 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

Alas, my favorite t-shirts are longer available on earth, "Polo pocket
Tee's" of 2004 vintage, so the twenty I bought about three years ago will
have to become pretty pitiful to reach rag status. They have just the right
combination of pocket, overall fit, comfort, and weight, even in their
advancing thread bareness.

I have a ton of pocket t's... a favorite truck stop in CA has them cheap..

Unfortunately, most of my favorite t's are for what is on them, as in concerts,
beers, rude expressions, etc., and they're mostly in a size that I'll never wear
again... gravity is NOT our friend..