Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Post Wood storage please

Hello all,

Just looking around the group and seems like the most helpful and active one
I have seen in long time. I am finally getting around to working on and
setting up my 30x30 wood shop after moving in a year ago. Was wondering if I
could get some pictures of your wood storage designs and what not as I have
a few idea's but not much to go on and new area so no one to really talk to
about it. Would like to do a 4x8' storage and a board storage also make it
easier for me being new to this to find what I am after. Also any tips on
shop setup would be very helpful also as allot of you seem to have nice
shops with plenty of machines and work spaces.

Thanks,
Vance

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"NewWood" wrote in message ...
Hello all,

Just looking around the group and seems like the most helpful and active one
I have seen in long time. I am finally getting around to working on and
setting up my 30x30 wood shop after moving in a year ago. Was wondering if I
could get some pictures of your wood storage designs and what not as I have
a few idea's but not much to go on and new area so no one to really talk to
about it. Would like to do a 4x8' storage and a board storage also make it
easier for me being new to this to find what I am after. Also any tips on
shop setup would be very helpful also as allot of you seem to have nice
shops with plenty of machines and work spaces.

Here's mine (or how NOT to) - NuWave Dave in Houston

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Dave in Houston" wrote in message ...

"NewWood" wrote in message ...
Hello all,

Just looking around the group and seems like the most helpful and active one
I have seen in long time. I am finally getting around to working on and
setting up my 30x30 wood shop after moving in a year ago. Was wondering if I
could get some pictures of your wood storage designs and what not as I have
a few idea's but not much to go on and new area so no one to really talk to
about it. Would like to do a 4x8' storage and a board storage also make it
easier for me being new to this to find what I am after. Also any tips on
shop setup would be very helpful also as allot of you seem to have nice
shops with plenty of machines and work spaces.

Here's mine (or how NOT to) - NuWave Dave in Houston

Warning! If you are like me and decide to straighten it up, you won't be able to find anything. I cleaned mine up and had to rebuy some things.

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Dave in Houston wrote:

Here's mine (or how NOT to) - NuWave Dave in Houston

It seems we have the same motto: "A place for everything and everything
all over the place!"
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

NewWood wrote:
Hello all,

Just looking around the group and seems like the most helpful and active one
I have seen in long time. I am finally getting around to working on and
setting up my 30x30 wood shop after moving in a year ago. Was wondering if I
could get some pictures of your wood storage designs and what not as I have
a few idea's but not much to go on and new area so no one to really talk to
about it. Would like to do a 4x8' storage and a board storage also make it
easier for me being new to this to find what I am after. Also any tips on
shop setup would be very helpful also as allot of you seem to have nice
shops with plenty of machines and work spaces.

Thanks,
Vance

Here is one of the handiest projects I've ever designed and implemented...

Attached Thumbnails
Post Wood storage please-woodstoragecabinet1-jpg  Post Wood storage please-woodstoragecabinet2-jpg  Post Wood storage please-woodstoragecabinet3-jpg

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:31:17 -0800, Kevin Miller
wrote:

Dave in Houston wrote:

Here's mine (or how NOT to) - NuWave Dave in Houston

It seems we have the same motto: "A place for everything and everything
all over the place!"

LOL. I love it Dave. Don't change a thing. My garage... I'd have to
clean it for 8 hours before it looked that nice.

Bob the Tomato
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

"Bob the Tomato" wrote in message
news
LOL. I love it Dave. Don't change a thing. My garage... I'd have to
clean it for 8 hours before it looked that nice.

In 17 years we've NEVER parked a vehicle in there. It took about 12 of
those years for my SYB to finally quit bringing that little fact to my
attention. She's mostly given up the idea.
I do tire of whacking my head on the Besseys though.
--
NuWave Dave in Houston

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Wow that is way sweet looking and looks as it would take care of many
different sizes of wood cut offs. Which I need way bad along with from the
store full size storage. I have a real hard time tossing any scraps out
always think I will use that so I have boxes everywhere with little wood
chunks in them.. Thanks for the post. And thanks to the others for posting
also I hit wrong button earlier and think someone got it in the email
instead of on here.. Been while since I used newsgroups =-) When I get
to stand still for few minutes I will try and get some pictures of my shop
up so you guys could maybe give me some tips after seeing what I actually
have going.

Vance

"Steve Turner" wrote in message
.. .
NewWood wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

NewWood wrote:
Hello all,

Just looking around the group and seems like the most helpful and active one
I have seen in long time. I am finally getting around to working on and
setting up my 30x30 wood shop after moving in a year ago. Was wondering if I
could get some pictures of your wood storage designs and what not as I have
a few idea's but not much to go on and new area so no one to really talk to
about it. Would like to do a 4x8' storage and a board storage also make it
easier for me being new to this to find what I am after. Also any tips on
shop setup would be very helpful also as allot of you seem to have nice
shops with plenty of machines and work spaces.

Thanks,
Vance

I am just wrapping up a miter saw station (from ShopNotes 82). I
includes storage for cut offs below. The case is about 34" deep.
Longer stuff goes on the rack above (partially in pics).

Attached Thumbnails
Post Wood storage please-img_0495-jpg  Post Wood storage please-img_0493-jpg  Post Wood storage please-img_0494-jpg