Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Norm's Deluxe Router Station

Turned last drawer pull last night so thought I'd post my latest addition to
shop.. Norm Abram's Deluxe router station.. Took me three weeks to build.
Of course didn't work full time on it during that period. Took him 3 days
on TV. Fun project. I modified the design of his dust collection system.
Didn't want all that crud hanging out backside, since it would have to be
mobile, and plenty of room to install internally. The end of the dust
collection flex hose shown in picture has a 3" piece of 2" plastic pipe
that unplugs from back of station when stored away. Now all I need is to
fill those drawers with more bits..!..

Attached Thumbnails
Norm's Deluxe Router Station-front-view-jpg  Norm's Deluxe Router Station-dust-collection-modification-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Storage.jpg (193.4 KB, 93 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

In article ,
"Jim Hall" wrote:

Turned last drawer pull last night so thought I'd post my latest addition to
shop.. Norm Abram's Deluxe router station.. Took me three weeks to build.
Of course didn't work full time on it during that period. Took him 3 days
on TV. Fun project. I modified the design of his dust collection system.
Didn't want all that crud hanging out backside, since it would have to be
mobile, and plenty of room to install internally. The end of the dust
collection flex hose shown in picture has a 3" piece of 2" plastic pipe
that unplugs from back of station when stored away. Now all I need is to
fill those drawers with more bits..!..

Looks good. I hope the dust collection set up you've got works better
than the one in mine. Mine is currently completely ineffective.

begin 666 Front view.jpg
[Image]

end

begin 666 Dust collection modification.jpg
[Image]

end

begin 666 Storage.jpg
[Image]

end

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

The verdict is still out on dust collection system. I did make a couple
picture frames once basic case was constructed to test effectiveness. It
seemed to work well then. I'm hooking it up to a 4" (1100 cfm) dust
collector though. I modified the dust collector opening in the router
compartment. It only has an opening 1/2" high across the bottom and I
didn't drill the holes in the plexiglass. I fiddled with width of opening
to try and balance suction between fence opening and router compartment.
Actually I built an additional slant board that slid in front of the router
compartment door to sort of create a trough for the shavings to fall down
into and get sucked out, but removed it later because it surprisingly worked
just as well without it.. I think Norm designed to big of a dust collection
opening in router compartment and it wasn't balanced right.. He probably
has a very powerful dust collector though and it didn't make any difference
to him..