Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Default Keeping busy in Baja (0/1)

My first 2 display cases are done and filling up with stuff to (hopefully)
sell...

Not exactly fine furniture, but they look better than boxes and it was kinda fun
to do some flat work again...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mac davis wrote:
| My first 2 display cases are done and filling up with stuff to
| (hopefully) sell...
|
| Not exactly fine furniture, but they look better than boxes and it
| was kinda fun to do some flat work again...

Not bad for an ol' duffer with a rusty saw! ;-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

mac davis wrote:
My first 2 display cases are done and filling up with stuff to (hopefully)
sell...

Not exactly fine furniture, but they look better than boxes and it was kinda fun
to do some flat work again...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

G'day Mac,
Nice looking shelves, filled with nicer looking turning.

If your interested in a bit of Jarrah, for pens and small stuff let me know.

All the best to you and the War Office

regards
John
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 10:54:40 -0400, "Charley" wrote:

Thanks, Charlie... I was doing pretty well on sales and rotating it with new and
boxed stuff, but the tourist season ended about the middle of June and sales
flat stopped...
Gearing up for late September-early October, when the gringo tourists come
back...

Very impressive, Mac. Yes, you are keeping busy. That's quite a collection.

Charley

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
My first 2 display cases are done and filling up with stuff to (hopefully)
sell...

Not exactly fine furniture, but they look better than boxes and it was

kinda fun
to do some flat work again...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 10:22:41 -0500, "Morris Dovey" wrote:

mac davis wrote:
| My first 2 display cases are done and filling up with stuff to
| (hopefully) sell...
|
| Not exactly fine furniture, but they look better than boxes and it
| was kinda fun to do some flat work again...

Not bad for an ol' duffer with a rusty saw! ;-)

Exactly... sort of "I have a TS and I'm not afraid to use it"...

Unfortunately, I got the TS right after these and a bookcase for the wife were
done, so the poor ol' shopsmith had to do..
Not trusting it and/or my old crapsman wobble blade, I did all the dados and
grooves with the router table, which was much needed practice...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 19:03:44 +0800, John B wrote:

mac davis wrote:
My first 2 display cases are done and filling up with stuff to (hopefully)
sell...

Not exactly fine furniture, but they look better than boxes and it was kinda fun
to do some flat work again...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

G'day Mac,
Nice looking shelves, filled with nicer looking turning.

If your interested in a bit of Jarrah, for pens and small stuff let me know.

All the best to you and the War Office

regards
John

I'd love some, John... never worked with it or SEEN it, but heard a lot of good
things about it...
I do remember you making that offer, once I got settled, and I appreciate it..

I don't know if your email addy here is real, but I'll give it a shot...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 08:36:01 +0800, John B wrote:

Great, John... got ya in my VIP mailing list now.. *g*

G'day Mac,
Got it
regards
John