B Jones

Default FA: Electric Hot Glue Frying Pan for attaching waste blocks

FA: Electric Hot Glue Frying Pan for attaching waste blocks

This small electric fry pan has been used to melt Hot Glue to attach
waste blocks to Bowl turning blanks - as suggested by Ken Bullock in his
Videos. Comes filled with Hot Glue. I will include a bag of extra Hot
Glue sticks. I am selling it because I need to clear out more work space
and I use a chuck more often.

Thanks, Brian
(remove x)

Ralph

I use hot glue for the majority of my faceplate turnings. I use a glue
gun for the smaller pieces. I also have an electric pan for larger pieces.

Darrell Feltmate

I use a hot glue block for most if not all of my faceplate turnings. I use a
glue gun but if I were going for larger pieces I would use a frying pan.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

mac davis

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:10:49 GMT, Ralph wrote:

I use hot glue for the majority of my faceplate turnings. I use a glue
gun for the smaller pieces. I also have an electric pan for larger pieces.

I'm guessing that I'd need to increase my skill and greatly decrease my "catch
count" before trying hot glue..
Sure would be nice to not wait for titebond, though..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Owen Lowe

In article ,
B Jones wrote:

FA: Electric Hot Glue Frying Pan for attaching waste blocks

This small electric fry pan has been used to melt Hot Glue to attach
waste blocks to Bowl turning blanks - as suggested by Ken Bullock in his
Videos. Comes filled with Hot Glue. I will include a bag of extra Hot
Glue sticks. I am selling it because I need to clear out more work space
and I use a chuck more often.

Hi Brian. Not intending to burst your bubble or flame your post, but how
much do you expect to get for your fryer and glue? I picked up a fryer
at a thrift store for a buck or something along those lines and a pack
of glue sticks is just a few bucks as well. (I use my fryer to melt wax
for end grain sealing of turning blocks.) Just seems like a lot of
effort to go through for something that many folks might find at a yard
sale, thrift store or even in someone's trash.

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long
Leo Lichtman

"Owen Lowe" wrote: wrote: (clip) I picked up a fryer at a thrift store for
a buck or something along those lines and a pack of glue sticks is just a
few bucks as well. (clip)
Good point, Owen. With that in mind, it seems that this has to sell to
someone who can pick it up--shipping could double or triple the cost. So,
Brian, would you tell us where you are located?