mory

Default Dust extractor(In UK)

About six months ago I saw a contraption on the web.

It was like a funnel on a steel stand which had a connection to fit an
extractor hose to.

I thought that it might be a good idea to stand behind the lathe to use in
collecting dust when sanding.

Now that I have got around to thinking of buying one I can no longer find
the web page where I saw it.

Anyone know where I might find it?

Thanks

mory.

Alun Saunders

Axminster do something like that, see http://tinyurl.com/5f3nv.

--
Alun Saunders
billh

"mory" wrote in message
About six months ago I saw a contraption on the web.

It was like a funnel on a steel stand which had a connection to fit an
extractor hose to.

I thought that it might be a good idea to stand behind the lathe to use in
collecting dust when sanding.

Now that I have got around to thinking of buying one I can no longer find
the web page where I saw it.

Anyone know where I might find it?

Thanks

mory.

The most versatile and cheapest is the cardboard box - vast range of sizes
to choose from, very low cost, easily modified for custom setups and other
advantages too numerous to mention here.
Billh

George

"billh" wrote in message
.. .

"mory" wrote in message
About six months ago I saw a contraption on the web.

It was like a funnel on a steel stand which had a connection to fit an
extractor hose to.

I thought that it might be a good idea to stand behind the lathe to use

in
collecting dust when sanding.

Now that I have got around to thinking of buying one I can no longer

find
the web page where I saw it.

Anyone know where I might find it?

Thanks

mory.

The most versatile and cheapest is the cardboard box - vast range of sizes
to choose from, very low cost, easily modified for custom setups and other
advantages too numerous to mention here.
Billh

I use the ready-made heating duct. Though forced air heat is less common
there than here, I don't doubt you could find suitable. They make 10x10
pieces designed to cut pipe into the main plenum which you can fix low and
behind the bed with magnets or mount as required. Normally you'll need to
reduce to fit your DC hose.

http://www.sydsltd.com/