gonzo

Default Graduate bowl lathe question

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to fit a bed to a Union Graduate wood
turning lathe & are there any problems if possible i.e. would the spindle be
travelling in the wrong direction if a bed was fitted to the front end?

Cheers for looking.

gonz

Andy Morrison

"Barry N. Turner" wrote in message
.. .
There is a long bed version of the Graduate lathe. Maybe you ought to

take
a look at one.

Barry

Barry, thanks for your reply but the reason I was asking is that I have the
chance to buy it at a good price. As a relative newbie I was wondering that
if I then get fed up turning bowls do I then have the option to attach a bed
to the lathe.

gonz.
"gonzo" wrote in message
Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to fit a bed to a Union Graduate

wood
turning lathe & are there any problems if possible i.e. would the

spindle
be
travelling in the wrong direction if a bed was fitted to the front end?

Cheers for looking.

gonz

Bill Rubenstein

I know that there is a company (or maybe an individual) in the UK who
rehabs and re-sells old Graduate lathes but I cannot come up with a
name. They would have the answers you need. They used to advertise in
the Brit Woodturning magazine, I think. Somebody here should be able to
remember the name.

Bill

"gonzo" wrote in message

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to fit a bed to a Union Graduate

wood

turning lathe & are there any problems if possible i.e. would the

spindle

be

travelling in the wrong direction if a bed was fitted to the front end?

Cheers for looking.

gonz

LRE Machinery refurb Graduates in the UK.I have the short bed. If this
is the one you have the chance of I would take it.A good sound lathe.

Michael