PMarks1694

Default Info on Masterchuck

I am looking for any information on a Masterchuck (Henry Tools Ltd.?). Are
threade inserts available for this chuck and is it any good?

Thanks

Paul Marks
George

"PMarks1694" wrote in message
I am looking for any information on a Masterchuck (Henry Tools Ltd.?).

Are
threade inserts available for this chuck and is it any good?

Thanks

Paul Marks

Is it even made any more? I own one, but the only part I use is the pin
chuck.

If it's the one I own, it was a temperamental S.O.B. that had to be nursed
and cursed thoroughly to do its job properly. It made a better turner out
of me, though. If you can turn and not lose your work on that beast, you
can do anything.

You say inserts. Are you talking about the jaws themselves, the retaining
ring, or what we are now used to calling inserts - the part that threads to
your lathe? If the first, you pay shipping, I'll deliver. If the last,
you'll have to go with an adapter. Packard's got 'em, as do other places.
http://www.packardwoodworks.com/Merc...-acc-spndladpt