Marty Escarcega

Default WTD Info on Tapmatic 700X and info on Tapmatics

Anyone know anything about the Tapmatic 700X?
I can't find any info on this model. I think it taps up to a 1/2"

What are the benefits to a Tapmatic vs. power tapping on the Bridgeport?
Eric R Snow

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 18:34:24 GMT, Marty Escarcega
wrote:

Anyone know anything about the Tapmatic 700X?
I can't find any info on this model. I think it taps up to a 1/2"

What are the benefits to a Tapmatic vs. power tapping on the Bridgeport?

I don't know anything that's particular to the 700x but MSC will tell
you all you need. As far as using a tapping goes one HUGE reason is
speed. You can tap much faster with a tapping head. Like 8-32 holes at
1200 rpm. Try that power tapping. Also, depending on the brand and
model the torque can be set. So if the tap gets dull or the hole isn't
deep enough. etc., the spindle stops instead of breaking the tap. The
depth of the threads can be held close. Especially nice when bottom
tapping.
ERS
alderotes

Marty Escarcega wrote in message .. .
Anyone know anything about the Tapmatic 700X?
I can't find any info on this model. I think it taps up to a 1/2"

What are the benefits to a Tapmatic vs. power tapping on the Bridgeport?

Marty,

The Tapmatic website has info on the 70X, I didn't see a 700X.

http://www.tapmatic.com/pdfs/XOpInst9-03.pdf

Once you have it adjusted, it makes tapping multiple holes really easy
and foolproof. The device has a clutch that auto-reverses when you
pull up on the quill feed. I don't know if there is a big advantage
if you were just tapping one hole, but if you have multiple parts it
is really handy.

George
Marty Escarcega

(alderotes) wrote in
om:

Marty Escarcega wrote in message
.. .
Anyone know anything about the Tapmatic 700X?
I can't find any info on this model. I think it taps up to a 1/2"

What are the benefits to a Tapmatic vs. power tapping on the
Bridgeport?

Marty,

The Tapmatic website has info on the 70X, I didn't see a 700X.

http://www.tapmatic.com/pdfs/XOpInst9-03.pdf

Once you have it adjusted, it makes tapping multiple holes really easy
and foolproof. The device has a clutch that auto-reverses when you
pull up on the quill feed. I don't know if there is a big advantage
if you were just tapping one hole, but if you have multiple parts it
is really handy.

Thanks George, I found that info and read up on it. I should come bother
you for a demo. I'll bring the 700X with me to compare with the one you
have. I emailed Tapmatic and asked about it. My guess is that its an
obsolete older unit, but it appears to be in very good condition. We'll
see how responsive Tapmatic is.

I can tell you Aloris was EXTREMELY intersted in my BXA dilemma, where
holders would fit one of their BXA posts but not the other. They asked me
to ship them all back including the ones that don't fit so they can
examine them. They said there may be a little to no charge for this.
I'll report back on that one too....

Marty