Old Timer

Default New turning club - Baltimore

This is a note to announce a new turning club in Baltimore, Md. USA.
All are welcome to attend.

Thanks for your interest in the Baltimore Woodturner's Club.

We will be having our initial meeting on Wednesday, January 12th at
7pm. The meeting, and all others, will be held at the Towson, Md.
Woodcraft store (directions below). They have ample space, plenty of
lathes, and stuff to buy as well.

Hopefully we will be able to meet monthly, depending on interest.
Woodcraft has agreed to let us meet there as often as we wish.

For the first meeting, we will be simply meeting each other, talking
about goals, meeting times, etc., and discussing AAW affiliation.
Maybe we'll turn something. Please bring some of your work to share. I
will be providing a gorgeous blank of maple burl as a door prize and
we'll pick names out of a hat to find a winner.

The first "real", advertised meeting will be in February. We will have
at least one demo - understanding, sharpening, and using the Ellsworth
signature gouge.

I will also arrange a follow on trip to my secret log dump for those
who show up for the first meeting in January. It is worth it.

Directions to the Woodcraft store are at the link below. Hope to see
you there.

http://shop.woodcraft.com/Woodcraft/...=false&GiftID=
Bruce

(Old Timer) wrote in message . com...
[...]