Rex

Default Hollowing tool for inboard and outboard turning.

BlankI have a Teknatool Mercury lather with outboard extension.

I am looking for a hollowing tool that will do both the inboard and outboard turning through a smallish hole.

Most of the hollowing tools are bent for inboard turning and bend and cut the wrong way for outboard turning.

Has anyone come across the cure for this problem. It appears I need an articulated head that has a cutter that can cut on both sides. Or alternatively a head that can be attached upside down (so will be turning opposite direction for outboard turning) and will still cut.

TIA

Rex

M.J. Orr

BlankThe Stewart system. I use mine that way all the time. Lathe running in reverse and tool "backwards" and cutter upside down. hth.

--

M.J. Orr
http://www.island.net/~morr

"Rex" wrote in message ...
I have a Teknatool Mercury lather with outboard extension.

I am looking for a hollowing tool that will do both the inboard and outboard turning through a smallish hole.

Most of the hollowing tools are bent for inboard turning and bend and cut the wrong way for outboard turning.

Has anyone come across the cure for this problem. It appears I need an articulated head that has a cutter that can cut on both sides. Or alternatively a head that can be attached upside down (so will be turning opposite direction for outboard turning) and will still cut.

TIA

Rex

Owen Lowe

In article ,
"M.J. Orr" wrote:

Blank

What the Blank is going on here?

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long
M.J. Orr

I have no idea where that "Blank" came from..........Must have been the
thought in my head at the time of posting.....;^)

--

M.J. Orr
http://www.island.net/~morr

"Owen Lowe" wrote in message