James D. Farrow

Default Some General Questions

Clamps - What are the best type of clamps for glueing wood together?
Ones that are best suited to making blanks for vases, etc...

Glue - What is the best wood glue (for above)? I have used Elmer's
Carpenter's Wood Glue (light yellow colour) before. Or is Titebond Better?
What is the difference between Titebond I, II, and III?

Screws - What kind of wood screws do you recomment for attaching the
faceplate to blanks for bowls, vases, etc...? What size (length)?

That's it for now. LOL!

Thanks.

James

Ray Sandusky

I can talk tot he screw question -

The best screws are made by a company called SPAX - I use the #12 1 1/4" and
find them to be excellent!
YOu can get them from Highland HArdware in Atlanta and at some Home Depot
stores

Ray

"James D. Farrow" wrote in message
Clamps - What are the best type of clamps for glueing wood together?
Ones that are best suited to making blanks for vases, etc...

Glue - What is the best wood glue (for above)? I have used Elmer's
Carpenter's Wood Glue (light yellow colour) before. Or is Titebond Better?
What is the difference between Titebond I, II, and III?

Screws - What kind of wood screws do you recomment for attaching the
faceplate to blanks for bowls, vases, etc...? What size (length)?

That's it for now. LOL!

Thanks.

James

Barry N. Turner

Clamps - For gluing blanks, use wooden handscrews in the larger sizes.

Glue - For general woodworking and gluing items that will not be exposed to
moisture, I prefer original Titebond. Elmers is probably just as good, but
I prefer the viscosity of Titebond original. Titebond II & III offer
increasing degrees of water resistance.

Barry

"James D. Farrow" wrote in message
Clamps - What are the best type of clamps for glueing wood together?
Ones that are best suited to making blanks for vases, etc...

Glue - What is the best wood glue (for above)? I have used Elmer's
Carpenter's Wood Glue (light yellow colour) before. Or is Titebond Better?
What is the difference between Titebond I, II, and III?

Screws - What kind of wood screws do you recomment for attaching the
faceplate to blanks for bowls, vases, etc...? What size (length)?

That's it for now. LOL!

Thanks.

James

James D. Farrow

Thanks!

Will go with Titebond II Glue.

Found some of those Wooden Handscrew Clamps.
But they only have the 8" ones. Will look for more.

And will look for those SPAX screws.

James

Tig torch questions Ryan Metalworking 3 March 20th 04 04:37 AM
General International table saw, first impressions and some questions... Clint Neufeld Woodworking 6 September 29th 03 04:44 PM
Band saws: General 270 or Mini Max MM16 JP Woodworking 1 July 23rd 03 10:51 PM