Steve Russell

Default Woodturning with Steven D. Russell Vol. #2 Now Available!

Hello to the group,

Good News! Woodturning with Steven D. Russell Volume #2 is now available and
ready to ship! Volume 2 features 20 chapters in the new e-book and a 70
minute video on DVD. The articles are available in Adobe PDF format. Adobe
Acrobat Readers for Windows and Mac operating systems are included on the
CD. The disc is fully automatic with bookmarks and hyperlinks for easy
navigation. The articles are easily printed if you desire.

As an introductory special, all orders will receive a special discount for a
limited time. Please see details below on the discount and ordering. Volume
2 covers the following: Woodturning with Steven D. Russell, Volume 2
(e-Book on CD-ROM (60,000+ words, 450+ pictures Windows, or Mac) with 70
minute DVD Video) Note: Mac navigation is now enabled through the table of
contents.

Also available as a Super Combo-Pack
with Volumes 1 & 2 e-books on CD-ROM plus DVD Video

In the follow-up to my highly successful Volume 1, Volume 2 includes a new
CD-ROM e-book and a 70 minute DVD video on turning elegant writing pens.

E-Book Contents - (60,000+ words, 450+ pictures in 20 chapters)

Technical Articles
· Tips For Better Boiling
· Choosing Turning Tools for New Woodturners
· Paper Bag Drying of Green Wood Roughouts
· Air Drying Green Wood with Wax Emulsions
· Basic Set-up of Dry Grinders for Sharpening
How-To
· How to Use and Apply Oil Finishes
· How to Use Burning Wires for Decorative Effect
· Easy Bandsaw Blade Resharpening
Technique
· Processing Logs for Bowl and Platter Blanks
· Shear Scraping * Tips and Tricks
· Buffing Your Work * Tips and Tricks
· CA Finishes for Writing Pens - Tips and Tricks
Shop Tips and Miscellaneous
· Organizing Small Components, Tools and Abrasives for Efficiency
· Two Indispensable Tools for Woodturners * A Bandsaw and a Chainsaw
· How to Find Free, or Very Low Cost Wood
· Build a "Bulldog" Cart for Blank Processing and General Studio Use
Project Articles
· Turning Flower ³Frogs²
· Turning Galileo Thermometer Stands
· Turning Platters with Crushed Stone Inlaid Rims
· Turning Mini-Kaleidoscopes

DVD Video Contents:

The DVD video portion of Volume 2 covers turning elegant writing pens. This
70 minute video covers all of the steps necessary to turn writing pens
including blank selection, drilling, milling, mounting, roughing, finish
turning, sanding, multi-step finishing options, assembly and more. The video
is loaded with tips and tricks to make your pen turning experience easier
and more enjoyable. A bonus section covers my famous bandsaw resharpening
protocol, which allows you to easily resharpen your dull bandsaw bands.

Payment Details:
All volumes mailed in the U.S. will be shipped Priority Mail through the
U.S.P.S., which should result in arrival in 2-3 days or less from date
mailed. International shipping is also available. Please send me your name
and address so I can get a quote on international shipping. All postage
costs are at the exact fee charged by the carrier. I do not add any handling
or packaging costs. Please give the preferred shipping address when
ordering.

Pricing:

Volume 2 - Total cost if mailed in the U.S. - $43.85

(Regular price is $45, Introductory Special of $40 + $3.85 Priority Mail
fee) Included Volume 2 e-book and the DVD video.

Super Combo-Pack - Includes Volume 1 and 2 e-books, plus the DVD Video.
Total cost if mailed in the U.S. - $58.85

(Regular price is $65, Introductory Special of $55 + $3.85 Priority Mail
fee)

***NOTE: TEXAS RESIDENTS MUST PAY SALES TAX of 6.25%. Total cost for volumes
mailed to Texas residents:
Volume 2 - $46.35 ($40 + $2.5 tax + $3.85 Priority Mail fee)

Super Combo-Pack - $62.29 ($55 + $3.43 tax + $3.85 Priority Mail fee)
Includes Volume 1 and 2 e-books and the DVD video.

We can accept cash, check, MasterCard, Visa and Discover Card. I do not have
a website or secure online ordering at this time. When paying by check,
please make checks payable to Steven D. Russell. Mailing address is as
follows:
22 Thornbush Place
The Woodlands, TX 77381-6250 U.S.A.

If you would like to pay by credit card, please call me directly at
936-321-2475, my residence phone. If I am in the studio, you may leave your
credit card information on the answering machine. If you prefer to avoid
phone charges, you may send your credit card information in two emails, i.e.
split your credit card number between two emails for security. We have used
this in the past and it has worked well.

When paying by credit card, please include the following information: full
name as it appears on the card, the account number and the expiration date
shown on the card. In addition, please state the type of card and note the
*billing address* and *zip code* where the statement is mailed. (The billing
address and zip code are new requirements by the bank credit card processors
to reduce credit card fraud.) Also, we need the last three digits on the
back of the card, in the signature box area, usually printed on the back.
Your credit card statement will show the charge from the studio's name,
Eurowood Werks.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via phone,
(936) 321-2475, letter or email. Thanks and all the best to you and yours!

--
Better Woodturning and Finishing Through Chemistry...

Steven D. Russell
Eurowood Werks Woodturning Studio
The Woodlands, Texas

Machinery, Tool and Product Testing for the Woodworking and Woodturning
Industries