Gerald Ross

Default Where's Steven D. Russell ?

We haven't heard much from Mr. Russell lately. I miss his East Texas
lore and better wood turning through chemistry. I had a couple Uncles
who practiced better farming through chemistry, but they had a different
approach: what they couldn't drink they sold. Their consumption
eventually met production and they died without a single Mercedes.

--

Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Stuart Johnson

Yesterday at 4:00 pm he was giving a pen making demo at the Arlington, Texas
woodworking show.

Stuart Johnson
Red Oak, Texas

In article , Gerald Ross
wrote:
We haven't heard much from Mr. Russell lately. I miss his East Texas
lore and better wood turning through chemistry. I had a couple Uncles
who practiced better farming through chemistry, but they had a different
approach: what they couldn't drink they sold. Their consumption
eventually met production and they died without a single Mercedes.

Steve Worcester

Talked to him today (in Arlington,TX). He is doing 20 something woodworking
shows this year and flying home after each one.

--
Steve Worcester
www.turningwood.com

wrote:
We haven't heard much from Mr. Russell lately. I miss his East Texas
lore and better wood turning through chemistry. I had a couple Uncles
who practiced better farming through chemistry, but they had a different
approach: what they couldn't drink they sold. Their consumption
eventually met production and they died without a single Mercedes.

Fred Holder

Steve pops in here now and them, but I think he is staying pretty busy doing
demonstrations at shows and researching things to write articles about. Steve
has also completed a book, I believe, which takes a lot of time from a person.
In addition, he still thinks that he's a production turner, there just isn't
much time left for production work and reading and responding to the newsgroup
postings. Watch for his book and buy it when it hits the street. Incidentally,
Steve also took the time to put together a CD full of information, which he
sells for under $20, as I recall.

Fred Holder
http://www.fholder.com/

In article , Gerald Ross says...

We haven't heard much from Mr. Russell lately. I miss his East Texas
lore and better wood turning through chemistry. I had a couple Uncles
who practiced better farming through chemistry, but they had a different
approach: what they couldn't drink they sold. Their consumption
eventually met production and they died without a single Mercedes.

--

Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA
Lose not thy airspeed lest the ground
rise up and smite thee!

James Barley

Maybe he flies home after each show so he can keep the production up in his,
"how does he put it",
oh ya now I remember, "in his production environment".

JB

wrote:
We haven't heard much from Mr. Russell lately. I miss his East Texas
lore and better wood turning through chemistry. I had a couple Uncles
who practiced better farming through chemistry, but they had a

different
approach: what they couldn't drink they sold. Their consumption
eventually met production and they died without a single Mercedes.

Steven D. Russell

Hello Gerald,

Thanks for the kind words... I'm still kicking! I have not been on the
boards as much lately due to my heavy demo schedule around the U.S. and my
continuing research and testing programme.

These days the work day can easily stretch to 20 hours, so there is little
"free" time to catch up on the newsgroups. I check in from time to time on
this newsgroup and Woodcentral, but it is sporadic at best due to my
withering schedule.

Several of my long-term tests are bearing fruit and will be the subject of
numerous articles in 2004. My continuing research requires a brutal
commitment of time and resources, but the successful experiments continue to
outweigh the failures.

This keeps me "standing in tall cotton" and with a continuing desire to find
new protocols to make life easier for woodturners. On top of all of this, my
production schedule must keep pace... My shadow has a hard time keeping up
with me these days. :-)

Early next year volume II of my educational series for woodturners will be
published with a CD and DVD bundled together. Volume II of the series will
feature all new articles and videos of the project articles. Also, a book is
on tap for next year (although this is a bit behind schedule) and completion
of volume III of the educational series. Whew! I need three more of me...
:-) Take care and all the best to you and yours!
--
Better Woodturning and Finishing Through Chemistry...

"Woodturning with Steven D. Russell" now available!
More than 93,000 words, and 500+ photos in 21 articles, email for details.

Steven D. Russell
Eurowood Werks Woodturning Studio
The Woodlands, Texas

Machinery, Tool and Product Testing for
the Woodturning and Woodworking Industries