James R. Shields

Default Glue Question

I am making some small lamps. I want to glue the turned and finished body of
the lamp to a polished marble or tile base. What glue would be best?

Ruth

James,
I've been doing a collaboration with a potter and he's gluing ceramic and
clay goblets to wood stems I'm turning. He uses Gorilla glue and has not
had any problems or returns.

Good luck
Ruth

--
www.torne-lignum.com
"James R. Shields" wrote in message
om...
I am making some small lamps. I want to glue the turned and finished body

of
the lamp to a polished marble or tile base. What glue would be best?

cindy drozda

The alabaster turners use Weldbond to fix cracks and to glue wood to the
stone.

CD
boulder, co

Reyd

In article ,
"Ruth" wrote:

James,
I've been doing a collaboration with a potter and he's gluing ceramic and
clay goblets to wood stems I'm turning. He uses Gorilla glue and has not
had any problems or returns.

Good luck
Ruth

the glue I use at work for gluing things up is called No more nails, or
something like that, it bonds quickly, I think its quite good, the only
drawback being price.(a tube is more expensive then say white glue or
titebond.

--

Maybe I'm just a pessimist and am totally wrong; I could live quite
happily with that.