Charlie Spitzer

Default interesting glue phenomenon

i use 2ton epoxy to glue my glass magnets to rare earth magnets.

"J.B. Bobbitt" wrote in message
om...
I had a few of those little (10mm) rare earth magnets around, and needed
some refrigerator note holder-uppers. So I decided to glue a few chips of
granite to the magnets.

One attempt w/ Duco Cement didn't cut it. So I decided to try the "J-B
Weld".

I mixed it up according to instructions, put a dab on the rock chips, and
went to press the magnets into the glue.

As the magent approached, the dab of glue actually lifted off the rock

chip
(like a sunspot) and glommed onto the magnet. I pushed the magnet onto

the
chip and waited for the stuff to dry. Before it dried, though, the magnet
sucked the glue out from between the rock chip and the magnet, so that the
glue coated the magnet's surface. I'm not sure there's enough left to

hold
the magnet to the rock chip.

I guess there's some iron in J-B Weld. And those little magnets are

pretty
strong.

-JBB

Undoing hide glue Robert UK diy 1 May 26th 04 11:56 AM
Glue for Sony walkman headset? John Smith UK diy 13 March 23rd 04 07:48 PM
Gorilla Glue Brad Woodworking 16 July 17th 03 01:48 AM
Glueless laminate floor and glue.. Abso UK diy 11 July 14th 03 10:49 PM