Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default oneway 1018

seems like a good price

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/tls...394011130.html

wonder if the headstock slides

if not it is limited of course

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Friday, December 8, 2017 at 2:32:18 PM UTC-6, Electric Comet wrote:
seems like a good price

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/tls...94011130..html

wonder if the headstock slides

if not it is limited of course

NO sliding. I think Oneway did offer an outboard tool rest, platform so you could turn on the other side of the headrest. But since it only has a 18" bed, you can stand at the end of the bed and reach the spindle easily. Its not like the bed is 36" long and you have to bend over it and reach. Would get a couple extra inches diameter on the outboard side. 10" over bed I think.
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Fri, 8 Dec 2017 12:51:45 -0800 (PST)
" wrote:

NO sliding. I think Oneway did offer an outboard tool rest, platform

yeah it seems they offer outboard on their models

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

" wrote:

NO sliding. I think Oneway did offer an outboard tool rest, platform

yeah it seems they offer outboard on their models

Yes Oneway definitely offers outboard turning on their big lathes. Outboard bed, base, tool rest, etc. BUT, I think they ALSO offered the outboard equipment for this tiny, little, itty bitty 1018 mini lathe too. I guess the outboard bed would make sense for this mini lathe if it also added a couple inches to the diameter. Went from 10" diameter up to 16" maybe. But I can't really remember what Oneway had in the past. This 1018 model is no longer sold by Oneway.